• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    There really is no such thing as an AD. The correct term is ND i.e. Negligent Discharge.
    Texas SOT

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Depending on the holster, you can dismount the holster and gun as a unit. This allows the trigger to remain covered and protected. A pocket holster as you're asking can be an option to fill that need. I do carry a S&W Shield in a Blackhawk pocket holster. It's not ideal and I'm still looking for a better solution honestly. DeSantis and Stickyholsters are two other options I'm considering on that front.

Now, having said that, I also carry a Glock 19 daily. Comp-Tac's C-TAC and Minotaur M-TAC are two holster i use frequently that I can mount and dismount from my belt as a unit. Yes, this is still handling the gun but, as mentioned earlier, it's a manner in which the trigger remains protected. If I leave a gun in the car/truck, it goes into a locked container bolted to the vehicle. Yes, they can steal the vehicle and all bets are off at that point. The alternative however is not carrying at all between work and home.

Same here.

leVieux

Top Bottom