Guns International

Unexplained incident thread. Ghosts? Bigfoot? Midget Clowns in the woods while hunting? In honor of Ghostober.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Howdy y’all!

I’m here to tell you that I don’t believe in Bigfoot. I know Bigfoot exists.
    When I was living up in Wyoming, there is a small mountain range west of Cheyenne, called the Veedauwoo National Forest. I had gone up there to camp, and go coyote hunting, which is my favorite thing to do.
    I had decided to go to a place where I knew there were old WWII pillboxes, and this one was set into the side of a hill, smack dab in the forest. I climbed the back of the hill, and rested on the flat roof of the pillbox. I had my woodland camouflage bdu uniform on, and my camp boonie hat on. I opened the the legs up on my Harris bi-pods, and set my Ruger M77 .25-06 gently down. Then I put on an old, gray poncho, that blended in perfectly with the pillbox, and surrounding rocks.
    I started using my mouth blown coyote call. First time I made a perfect rabbit in distress call. After blowing, I waited to see what came in. Saw a couple raccoons, one male mule deer buck, a female mule deer die, several gray squirrels, a couple of porcupines, and then with my bare eyes, I saw something black, and pointed, about 30 yds down range. I immediately thought it was a buddy of mine playing a joke on me. He usually wore a black cowboy hat, and I thought that was what was poking around a dead pine tree. BOY! Was I ever wrong! I was laying down, prone, so I slid my rifle to me, and looked through my scope, which was already on 6 power. I saw this humongous, all black Sasquatch standing there! His head was almost level with the top of the pillbox. I could see his face, his huge, dark brown eyes, almost black in color. The other parts of his eyes were a yellowish color, not like ours, where they’re white.
    Thankfully, the wind was in my favor, because I saw him sniffing the air, to get a scent of me. He couldn’t, and I could see him being scared, and confused, and then angry.
    He then became brave enough to step out from behind the tree, and saw hair all over him, except for his upper chest, and face. His skin was black, the same color as his hair.
    I saw HIS anatomy, there was no mistaking it was a male, let’s put it that way!
    I saw him kinda sway back and forth, trying to see where I was, and what I was.
    After what seemed like eternity, he spun around, kinda slouched over, and walked down the mountain, and disappeared through a thicket.
    I can say I was on full alert, got up immediately after he left, and went back to my hidden, Red, Chevy S-10 4x4, got in slowly, and started it up, and hauled ass out of the mountains that day.
    You cannot conceive at how massive, and muscular this adult male was! When Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Lou Ferrigno were in their prime, this male would make them look puny!
    I can see as clearly today, in my memory, the way it’s face looked, and its facial expressions. Along with how huge, and hulkish it was.
    Puts a chill down my spine!
    They say it’s a life changing experience, and it sure is.
    Now, I want to get back out into the woods, and find more, and take video, and photographic proof they exist.
    During those few minutes, I can honestly say, my knees were knocking, and my butthole puckered like never before, and I felt like I wanted to puke, but couldn’t.
    Anyway, that’s my true story, so help me God!

Hawk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Here’s an event that happened maybe as young as 18. I want to say southern Oregon. More down to earth but creepy. I’m busting clays with a hunting length 870. Two males, looked early 20’s, both blonde hair and dressed the same, same hair cut, walk up. I didn’t hear a vehicle. I see them stop shooting say hello but they don’t say anything and they don’t even have any expression at all. I shake it off and go back to shooting. They walk off into the woods. Who knows maybe that 870 saved me.
    Black eyed kids.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Howdy y’all!

I’m here to tell you that I don’t believe in Bigfoot. I know Bigfoot exists.
    When I was living up in Wyoming, there is a small mountain range west of Cheyenne, called the Veedauwoo National Forest. I had gone up there to camp, and go coyote hunting, which is my favorite thing to do.
    I had decided to go to a place where I knew there were old WWII pillboxes, and this one was set into the side of a hill, smack dab in the forest. I climbed the back of the hill, and rested on the flat roof of the pillbox. I had my woodland camouflage bdu uniform on, and my camp boonie hat on. I opened the the legs up on my Harris bi-pods, and set my Ruger M77 .25-06 gently down. Then I put on an old, gray poncho, that blended in perfectly with the pillbox, and surrounding rocks.
    I started using my mouth blown coyote call. First time I made a perfect rabbit in distress call. After blowing, I waited to see what came in. Saw a couple raccoons, one male mule deer buck, a female mule deer die, several gray squirrels, a couple of porcupines, and then with my bare eyes, I saw something black, and pointed, about 30 yds down range. I immediately thought it was a buddy of mine playing a joke on me. He usually wore a black cowboy hat, and I thought that was what was poking around a dead pine tree. BOY! Was I ever wrong! I was laying down, prone, so I slid my rifle to me, and looked through my scope, which was already on 6 power. I saw this humongous, all black Sasquatch standing there! His head was almost level with the top of the pillbox. I could see his face, his huge, dark brown eyes, almost black in color. The other parts of his eyes were a yellowish color, not like ours, where they’re white.
    Thankfully, the wind was in my favor, because I saw him sniffing the air, to get a scent of me. He couldn’t, and I could see him being scared, and confused, and then angry.
    He then became brave enough to step out from behind the tree, and saw hair all over him, except for his upper chest, and face. His skin was black, the same color as his hair.
    I saw HIS anatomy, there was no mistaking it was a male, let’s put it that way!
    I saw him kinda sway back and forth, trying to see where I was, and what I was.
    After what seemed like eternity, he spun around, kinda slouched over, and walked down the mountain, and disappeared through a thicket.
    I can say I was on full alert, got up immediately after he left, and went back to my hidden, Red, Chevy S-10 4x4, got in slowly, and started it up, and hauled ass out of the mountains that day.
    You cannot conceive at how massive, and muscular this adult male was! When Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Lou Ferrigno were in their prime, this male would make them look puny!
    I can see as clearly today, in my memory, the way it’s face looked, and its facial expressions. Along with how huge, and hulkish it was.
    Puts a chill down my spine!
    They say it’s a life changing experience, and it sure is.
    Now, I want to get back out into the woods, and find more, and take video, and photographic proof they exist.
    During those few minutes, I can honestly say, my knees were knocking, and my butthole puckered like never before, and I felt like I wanted to puke, but couldn’t.
    Anyway, that’s my true story, so help me God!

Hawk

Wow! Amazing. Again, your account mirrors many accounts I’ve heard over the years…hiding behind trees, swaying back and forth, and just turning around and walking off when they decide it’s time it leave.

As far as physical characteristics, again, your account is common. Dark eyes, hair all over the body with bald or thin patches on chest and face. In the PNW, folks tend to see them with a cone head or pointy head. Was yours like that?

Also, folks say a few other things who get a good look, such as:

- Elbows and knees are in the wrong place compared to people. Most folks say their knees are lower than normal folks and elbows are higher, basically abnormally long forearms and thighs in proportion to the entire arm or leg.

- Curious about the neck and ears. What did you see?

- Finally, where adult humans are generally three times as tall as they are wide (at shoulders), folks report these things are more like twice as wide as tall, and people saying these things at guesstimated 8’ tall are 4’ wide across the shoulders.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Traveling to work in Phoenix and Tucson AZ around 1:00 am I pulled off the highway to piss. Small dirt road off ramp dark as hell.
    Standing there pissin and out of nowhere a bright light coming towards me. Thought that's kinda wierd but anyway the light gets closer and closer so I pull my 45 incase it got weird. Finished pissing and light stopped moving. Grabbed a soda from the ice chest and moved out while heading out the light went off. The next evening I got a call from one of my sisters. My dad had passed the day before.

HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Wow! Amazing. Again, your account mirrors many accounts I’ve heard over the years…hiding behind trees, swaying back and forth, and just turning around and walking off when they decide it’s time it leave.

As far as physical characteristics, again, your account is common. Dark eyes, hair all over the body with bald or thin patches on chest and face. In the PNW, folks tend to see them with a cone head or pointy head. Was yours like that?

Also, folks say a few other things who get a good look, such as:

- Elbows and knees are in the wrong place compared to people. Most folks say their knees are lower than normal folks and elbows are higher, basically abnormally long forearms and thighs in proportion to the entire arm or leg.

- Curious about the neck and ears. What did you see?

- Finally, where adult humans are generally three times as tall as they are wide (at shoulders), folks report these things are more like twice as wide as tall, and people saying these things at guesstimated 8’ tall are 4’ wide across the shoulders.

He had smaller than normal ears, for the size of it’s head. Longer arms, shorter legs.
    Definitely a pointed head.
    Thick, short neck, almost like the head was sitting on top of its shoulders.
    It’s hands were past it’s knees.

Hawk

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    He had smaller than normal ears, for the size of it’s head. Longer arms, shorter legs.
    Definitely a pointed head.
    Thick, short neck, almost like the head was sitting on top of its shoulders.
    It’s hands were past it’s knees.

Hawk

Well, either you’ve heard all the accounts and are just restating them OR you’ve seen what a LOT of others have…

Many witnesses who give accounts say no ears or tiny ears relative to the size of the head. Arms are abnormally long, and fingers reach around the knees. Pointed heads are common in PNW sightings and also happen elsewhere.

There are areas of the country that refer to these things as “no necks” since the heads seem to sit on the shoulders, but others say the trapezoid muscles and deltoids are cartoonishly large.

Dude, you should email Wes Germer on Sasquatch Chronicles and tell your story. It is a classic. He loves to hear from hunters.

wes@sasquatchchronicles.com

I believe him to be a very good guy.

Again, thanks for sharing. Your story jives with many others I’ve heard.

Last edited:

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    The closest thing to a story I can share was from a coworker. I work with a retired military guy (much like myself) who has a heritage with and is very involved with Native Americans. One day, I asked him if he’d ever heard of any natives speak of Bigfoot (every tribe has stories of these creatures…some good, some scary!). He said he actually had an encounter as a teenager while on a tree stand hunting back in Maine. He was sitting in his tree stand one morning after sun up and while waiting for a deer, a large Sasquatch walked through his hunting area about 40 yards in front of him. As it walked past, it turned and looked right at him, never stopping. He had no idea if it was male or female. It was dark brown and “way bigger than my dad, who was 6’3.

He told me he left the stand shortly after and ran to his father. When he told him what happened, his dad said he was lucky to have seen one of the “ancient people of the forest”.

He swears it happened. This guy is well educated, has a clearance, and had nothing to gain in telling me this story. I believe he believes he saw one.

HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Well, either you’ve heard all the accounts and are just restating them OR you’ve seen what a LOT of others have…

Many witnesses who give accounts say no ears or tiny ears relative to the size of the head. Arms are abnormally long, and fingers reach around the knees. Pointed heads are common in PNW sightings and also happen elsewhere.

There are areas of the country that refer to these things as “no necks” since the heads seem to sit on the shoulders, but others say the trapezoid muscles and deltoids are cartoonishly large.

Dude, you should email Wes Germer on Sasquatch Chronicles and tell your story. It is a classic. He loves to hear from hunters.

wes@sasquatchchronicles.com

I believe him to be a very good guy.

Again, thanks for sharing. Your story jives with many others I’ve heard.

You’re welcome.

It’s one of those things, that you never expect to see.
    I was just wanting to enjoy my time coyote hunting, and that all of a sudden happens.
    You don’t ever forget it.
    Also, while going through the incident, I never felt so small before in my life, until that morning. I didn’t know if I should try and shoot it with that .25-06, and if I did, would it just piss it off, and come after me, and rip me limb from limb?
    I decide not to, and got out of there as fast as I humanly could.
    I wasn’t going to stick around for more to show up, and be curious about me.
    I hadn’t heard about any other encounters until about 10 years ago, and then my experience was going on 20 yrs ago.
    But, all I can say is exactly what I saw, and I’m not adding anything to it. Just as it happened.

Hawk

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I'm pretty sure I saw a Chupacabra earlier this week

Something crossed the road about 50 yards in front of me about 30 minutes before sundown in a rural part of the county on the way home from my ranch property

I thought it was a coyote, but noticed it had no hair or visible tail.
    My brain couldn't associate it with anything I've seen before..it was a weird experience for sure
    Nah, that was one of those Haitians that escaped from the border.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom