• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Between overhunting and the drought, I had been doing good to find any hogs over 150 pounds this year. This is coming from more than 12 properties that I regularly hunt in north Texas. Two nights prior, I had spied hogs on this property but did not have permission to hunt that night. Called the ranch manager to let him know (he hunts with thermal when he can) and he said he was busy and that I was welcome to go after them. So on the night of the hunt, my partner and I are making a circuit of 5 properties all located close together including this one. On our 2nd trip, started to pull into the gate when we noticed a sounder about 100 yards from the recessed gate, so we slowly backed out and continued down the road a few hundred yards, parked, and hiked back.

Initially, I thought we had a large sow and multiple generations of her offspring. That was from about 400 yards or so. As we got closer, my partner starting calling the 'big boar.' Sure enough, my sow turned out to be a boar, but I still didn't figure it was all that big. So maybe it was a 200 or 250 pounder, good sized, but nothing particularly special. I told my partner that he could take the big boar and jokingly I said I would take all the rest. That was the battle plan and it was absolutely solid until we made first contact...

Military Camp

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    That's a recently escaped from the farm hog. When I started cutting meat when looking to buy spare ribs 3 downs were what we sold simply because most hog went to slaughter around 350 pounds. With the need to increase profits Hormone & steroids enter the hogs diets. The added weight went on fast as the pigs got bigger the did less. ( Just like my big fat ass) Last pork spare ribs I looked at were 6 and Above in weight. I passed on them.

Factory yardbirds were the same thing with whole birds at around 3 pounds. 6 pound whole fryers are more like buying capons which are very good in my opinion, but got the bad Rao for being the nutlets rooster.

Imagine some of your kids hunt feral yardbirds the size that small turkey hens were.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom