• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Malatesta

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2020
    Austin
    If I am the manager on duty, but I do not own the buisness of a retail shop, as the manager on duty dose that mean the premises is "under my control" and that I can have a gun without a ccl on me? If so may it he a concealed handgun? This is assuming the owners of the buisness would be ok with this.
    Gun Zone Deals

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    One of my buddies used to manage a Redwing Shoe store many years ago. He was robbed at gun point one day. He started carrying after that. I dont think he told anyone he was packing.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Before we were married, my wife had her own beer joint and I often worked for her. TABC said it was lawful for me to carry since I was her employee. If it's OK in a beer joint, it's probably in other businesses.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    If I am the manager on duty, but I do not own the buisness of a retail shop, as the manager on duty dose that mean the premises is "under my control" and that I can have a gun without a ccl on me? If so may it he a concealed handgun? This is assuming the owners of the buisness would be ok with this.
    Welcome to the forum!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Too many variables to give you a quick and short answer.

What type of business? Are there any prohibited persons also that work there? Is the company or owner going to allow someone to carry who is an employee?

As @Sasquatch suggested, talk to an attorney for legal advice that would stand up in court.

Most people know, the internet is the worst place for legal, medical or marital advice!

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Ah come on Axxe55,

I'l quote my sister-in-law.....If it's on the internet, it has to be true because your not allowed to say anything that's not the truth on the internet...un quote.

Yep, she really believes this.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Don't ask, don't tell.... being told you can't means you can't. Take advantage of the permission the law gives you and keep it secret, keep it safe.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Too many variables to give you a quick and short answer.

What type of business? Are there any prohibited persons also that work there? Is the company or owner going to allow someone to carry who is an employee?

As @Sasquatch suggested, talk to an attorney for legal advice that would stand up in court.

Most people know, the internet is the worst place for legal, medical or marital advice!

Things that matter:
    The law affirming his right to carry at work as the manager.
    What the owner says if you ask

Things that don't matter:
    Prohibited persons working there too
    What the owner says unless you ask

As the person in control, your work site is your domain. Unless you work at a prohibited area like a school or secure area of an airport, you should be gtg.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom