• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2020
    Dripping Speings
    Came across an ad for a safe that goes under the bed and secured to the bed frame.
    Any insights on these? Like the concept of a nice sized safe under the bed but seems like it’s still easy steal by break the bed frame.
    Hurley's Gold

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Came across an ad for a safe that goes under the bed and secured to the bed frame.
    Any insights on these? Like the concept of a nice sized safe under the bed but seems like it’s still easy steal by break the bed frame.
    I got news for you. Almost all safes are easy to get into. The tops or backs, especially corners, can be cut into in a couple minutes with a sawsall.

You use a safe to create time and difficulty to steal stuff. Nothing more.

If your goal is ultimate security a store bought safe ain't it. That has to be engineered and built.

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Most of what I've seen sold as under bed 'safes' would be more appropriately called "quick access gun lockers," or boxes, or something close, because, imho, they are nowhere nearly as secure as actual safes...

Not a bad idea for their intended purpose, which I think is simply a secure way to store them in the bedroom, yet still allow for rapid access.

We don't have little kids in the house anymore, so I simply have a generic nylon holster stapled to the inside of the wood bed frame under my side of the bed. It fits pretty much anything from my p365 to a USP .45. Whatever I carried that day goes in when I go to bed at night.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2020
    Dripping Speings
    Most of what I've seen sold as under bed 'safes' would be more appropriately called "quick access gun lockers," or boxes, or something close, because, imho, they are nowhere nearly as secure as actual safes...

Not a bad idea for their intended purpose, which I think is simply a secure way to store them in the bedroom, yet still allow for rapid access.

We don't have little kids in the house anymore, so I simply have a generic nylon holster stapled to the inside of the wood bed frame under my side of the bed. It fits pretty much anything from my p365 to a USP .45. Whatever I carried that day goes in when I go to bed at night.
    Cool. Thanks for the insights. I do have little ones and safe storage and quick access is a concern.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom