• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Bought my truck new in 2000, and turned a half million miles today. Now I'll see if I can go a million :)

Chevy 500,000 miles.jpg
    500,000 miles.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    A couple weeks ago I traded in my 07 Silverado with almost 49,000 on it. Yes, I said almost 49,000. Tranny leaks, had it to the dealer 4 times for repair. Had to fix it myself, driving a Dodge now..........

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    My father has over 600K on his 1996 Chevrolet 1500. The original engine has never been rebuilt. Over 500K on the original transmission when it was rebuilt a few years ago.
    You couldn’t kill those 5700‘s aka Vortec 350’s as long as you kept oil in them. My favorite engine ever.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I talked to the Pennzoil engineer who took apart the engine in the Million Mile Truck (Chevy Silverado) that the company bought from the owner. He had a newspaper delivery route in Georgia (I think), and he religiously changed the oil in the truck. (That's how Pennzoil got in the picture.) The engineer told me that every part of the engine was still within specs. There's something to be said for taking care of your equipment. (The owner had replaced the water pump and the alternator several times, so some things did wear out.)

It won't take long to attract those guys complaining about one brand versus another. Truth is that all companies push their vehicles off the assembly line as fast as they can and not all of the are put together like they should be. A friend of mine worked for Ford for some years and had plenty of horror stories about using parts that weren't 100%. If your vehicle is a lemon, your best bet is to get rid of it and move on. (That's easy to say, but it's a huge investment and not always that easy.) I had a GMC with over 350K miles on it and the engine was still going strong when some girl decided to run a red light and destroyed it. I replaced it with a Ford because the electrical system in that GMC was a nightmare. I'm on my second F150 and couldn't be happier.

Top Bottom