• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Finally completed my LTC class. Wondering if anyone knew what the turn around for Submitting the paperwork is? How soon I could get my license

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

ray22

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Jewett
    The wife and I both turned ours in the end of March, she got hers in less than two weeks. Been four months waiting on mine. Seems there a guy on death row in Huntsville that shares the same name as me.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Finally completed my LTC class. Wondering if anyone knew what the turn around for Submitting the paperwork is? How soon I could get my license

First of all, congratulations! I have heard from others that now usually it's between 4 to 6 weeks, which is better then the 7 weeks it took mine back in 2015. Fortunately my renewal only took about 4 weeks.

RSBro

No Limit Honky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2019
    Magnolia, Texas
    I did my fingerprinting on 8/20, with full paperwork properly submitted ahead of then. Haven't heard anything yet, but my LTC instructor said it could take up to 90 days with all the BS going on right now... Oh well.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I did my fingerprinting on 8/20, with full paperwork properly submitted ahead of then. Haven't heard anything yet, but my LTC instructor said it could take up to 90 days with all the BS going on right now... Oh well.
    With the amount of guns being bought now, doesn't surprise me. They are probably being flooded with paperwork. I'm glad I renewed mine in March, 4 months before it expired.

brix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2020
    San Antonio
    I completed my paperwork and finger printing on Aug 6th and checked today as it shows mailed. I checked last week and it was in "printing" status. My instructor told me that they were seeing 60 day turnarounds once the paperwork was turned in

Attachments

• Screenshot (37).png
      Screenshot (37).png
      22.5 KB · Views: 228

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    I forgot to update this thread. I got my license back in exactly a month! Faster than I expected

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    And if you're still waiting for the LTC to print/mail it looks like this.

1599493215918.png

I sent my stuff on 6/24. On 7/1 I was notified DPS received it. On 7/2 I was notified of the need for additional document(DD214). On 7/2 Notified they received the requested documents. I called DPS 2 times in the ensuing 2 months. Was told - in progress. Quit calling as it was a waste of time. Then finally, last week, Fingerprint and Background check completed and now.... waiting again. I'm going on 2 1/2 months but getting there.

Top Bottom