• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    I deprime then put them in a tub of water with a little soap. Let them soak for a bit. Rinse them off and let them dry before I put them into my ready to be reloaded bucket.

sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    Well I put about 15 in the tumbler and let it go for 5 hours,It didn't seem to clean them at all.It did clean about 50 nine mm that I had forgotton was even in there.Man,those are the prettiest shells I have ever seen.A rag with some 409 cleaned the hulls ok though.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Won't getting them that wet cause them to swell or warp?thanks. sj

Ummm the ones we find now a days are usually made of plastic and metal. So I guess if you only soak them say overnight or for a couple hours the fear of warping or swelling would be minimal.... But I would caution about leaving them in the water for more than a year or so..............

Sorry SJ... had to do it..

Naw no problem with soaking them. Just ensure you leave them to dry plastic down, or blow them out with an air gun before you think about re priming or loading. Typically I would have a 1/2 of a 5 gal pail of shells or so before I wash them. After washing and rinsing off with a hose I line them up in a long plastic bin so that they drain down, I then run the air gun over the primer holes and around the shells to drive out any water drops in the primer area. Couple hours or next day I will check and see if there is any moisture left. If so, hit them with the air gun. I don't have to re load in a hurry as I have about 500 hulls plus couple cases of loaded.

If you are doing box at a time or do not have a large supply of hulls I would do the wash rinse and blow dry. Stack them up so they are plastic down, sit them in a dry place and reload the next day.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    About all you need to do to shotshell is make sure the field dirt and boogers are cleaned off.
    Really aint nothin to reloading shotshells. About all you need to do is blow them out and make sure their dry.

Top Bottom