Trying to get the hang of this - 05/06/07 signs...

JColumbus

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 28, 2012
It is my understanding that the business has to have the specific signage in order to ban you carrying on the premises and if there is a general no firearms sign it holds no power. Am I correct? For instance…

image.jpg

…Correct me if I’m wrong, but if you are Constitutional carrying you should still be able to carry in this business with this sign, right? It is not any form of a specific sign, but instead a general one. So does it have to be specific, or does a general one such as this one cover 05/06/07?

Thanks!

candcallen

Surrounded by chronic terminal phuktardness!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
Atleast that sign is visible. Most of the bastards put light color letters with no background on glass and you cant see them.

Yes I know the legalities just making a point.

SARGE67

Lifetime Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apr 19, 2021
Dallas
It is my understanding that the business has to have the specific signage in order to ban you carrying on the premises and if there is a general no firearms sign it holds no power. Am I correct? For instance…

View attachment 277695

…Correct me if I’m wrong, but if you are Constitutional carrying you should still be able to carry in this business with this sign, right? It is not any form of a specific sign, but instead a general one. So does it have to be specific, or does a general one such as this one cover 05/06/07?

Thanks!
Has been awhile since I went to the Dallas VA. They had the wording along with mention of knives without the pics as I remember. It was point blank enough as it is and why would anyone want to challenge it? A person starts splitting hairs they will lose with all this stuff.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 28, 2012
Has been awhile since I went to the Dallas VA. They had the wording along with mention of knives without the pics as I remember. It was point blank enough as it is and why would anyone want to challenge it? A person starts splitting hairs they will lose with all this stuff.

This has nothing to do with challenging but everything to do with principle. If the store has a written paper that says “no weapons” and they are not following the law on how to properly ban guns from their property, why should the tie go to the runner - so to speak -, being that I should be able to easily be banned from carry weapons, but those who would have me banned, do not have to follow their end of the legislative duty?

Now as far as challenging; WE SHOULD ALL CHALLENGE THIS SHIT, ALL THE TIME!

I respect property rights, so if a person wants to ban guns on their property, fine, I will take my business somewhere else. However, if we allow it to become so easy to ban guns, we will get to a point where it could very well be something that we, as defenders, will be expected to assume that they aren’t wanted anywhere.

Us: “Sorry officer, they didn’t have the proper signage.”

Officer: “Well you should have known they wouldn’t want weapons on their property. Turn around buddy...”

With all due respect, our rights are important enough to challenge even the slightest things over. Finally, as to your concluding statement, I guess we just differ in the fact that I don’t go into these types of things, already anticipating defeat. Especially as far as my rights are concerned.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud
Shroud

Latest posts