• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    The phrase is everywhere. Or the alternate, "Difficult and Unprecedented Times"!
    Now that Trump has been sidelined and the Chinese Flu is significantly less contagious and dangerous, it is my opinion that some, perhaps many, are using the "panicdemic" to be lazy.

Call a business, doctor's office, pharmacy, pet store, bank, or any business, and you will listen to a recording that explains everything they are doing to "keep employees and customers safe". Then, they remind you to "listen closesly as some options have changed". Forget about EVER talking to a real person. Shouldn't answering a phone call be "safe". You would think customer service by phone would be on the rise since it curtails contact. Nope!
    I went to the bank (weekday morning) to handle a few transactions. Only the drive through was open. Normally, this Branch limits inside customers to two individuals. Not this day. Only the drive thru, which was slow and inconvenient - given what I needed to accomplish. And I was the only one in line! Why wasn't the lobby open? My guess is they didn't want to deal with inside customers.
    Then, I traveled to Dallas and spent the night at a hotel (La Quinta). Checking in I was very tired, but already looking forward to the next morning's cup of coffee. Not so fast... They had posted a sign saying that the breakfast bar and coffee pots were off limits due to these uncertain times. No breakfast, no coffee, and I paid full price - the same as the last time when I ate my fill of hot breakfast items and coffee.
    Then I stopped at Taco Bell. Again, drive thru only. I asked for packets of hot sauce and napkins with my order and again at the window. I was assured they were in the bag, sealed for my protection. Guess what...no condiments...no napkins.
    I understand that businesses have been impacted, and that supply chain has been severely interrupted. Still, I'm beginning to see evidence of leaning on the situation as an excuse to do less, provide little or no customer service, along with little or no effort.
    Flame away for my rant and my frustration. I guess I'm becoming overwhelmed during "these difficult and unprecedented times".
    Gun Zone Deals

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yes, there are several restaurants (I don't eat out often) where I have received very good service of late. They are welcome exceptions and I will return for that reason.

Quite true. We patronize the places where we get great service, and we tip accordingly. Those places we get great service, we continue to do business with them so they succeed, and prosper.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Only been one place that I had to leave over the mask.

I have given bigger tips than normal, since the poor wait staff are not high paid and with the capacity restrictions they have to be taking in far less in tips.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I haven't had a hair cut since the phase one was lifted. The woman stylist was all in my face, both had mask. When she finished she sprayed the chair where I sat, the counter in front of me that I did not touch, BUT not the tools she used. There was a $4.95 fee for sanitation. Probably used .2 cents worth of spray, and mostly water. Now my hair is almost to my shoulders. I like looking shaggy anyway. Every one is in the china virus for $$$$$$$$$.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Yes, there are several restaurants (I don't eat out often) where I have received very good service of late. They are welcome exceptions and I will return for that reason.
    When I get very good service at a restaurant, I try to tell the manager. They always hear about the bad actors, but they do not hear often enough about the really good ones.
    Plus, when you ask for the manager on the way out, the word almost always goes to your server immediately and they seem to get nervous for a bit.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I haven't had a hair cut since the phase one was lifted. The woman stylist was all in my face, both had mask. When she finished she sprayed the chair where I sat, the counter in front of me that I did not touch, BUT not the tools she used. There was a $4.95 fee for sanitation. Probably used .2 cents worth of spray, and mostly water. Now my hair is almost to my shoulders. I like looking shaggy anyway. Every one is in the china virus for $$$$$$$$$.
    Braggart... ;)

I only have to go the barber every six months. Sigh.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I haven't had a really good haircut since 1990, when I started using one of these...

1542003958AmazonDIYsquare_8c9c1ef0-266f-42f1-a572-403c382b3324.jpg

but, I have saved a lot of money!

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Once upon a time I was charged with caring for a little dog for 10 days. This was a purebred Brussels Griffon that had to have this special grooming and haircut style.

After several days of watching the little girl suffer in the 100+ August days we were having, I decided to shave the dog. I was quite proud of the clipping job it did. I knew i would get in trouble when the owner returned, but the dog was happy.

With the clippers still out, and three or four beers into this project, I got the idea to buzz my own hair off. I used the shortest comb and did my hair and beard all the same. I haven't been to a barber since.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Reactions: gll

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My second ex-wife started cutting my hair in 1993 IIRC. Only once while she and I were married did I go to a barber to get a haircut and a shave and that was for my brother's wedding since I was his best man and wanted to look my best for the pictures and such.

In 2004, I bought a cheap set of hair clippers and have been cutting my own hair ever since. My wife trims up the back and around my ears for me. I let my hair grow out more during the winter months and keep it pretty short during the spring, summer and fall months.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    The phrase that is tiresome to me is........Get all you deserve.
    Once upon a time I was charged with caring for a little dog for 10 days. This was a purebred Brussels Griffon that had to have this special grooming and haircut style.

After several days of watching the little girl suffer in the 100+ August days we were having, I decided to shave the dog. I was quite proud of the clipping job it did. I knew i would get in trouble when the owner returned, but the dog was happy.

With the clippers still out, and three or four beers into this project, I got the idea to buzz my own hair off. I used the shortest comb and did my hair and beard all the same. I haven't been to a barber since.
    You are lucky it wasn't a kitty cat.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    My second ex-wife started cutting my hair in 1993 IIRC. Only once while she and I were married did I go to a barber to get a haircut and a shave and that was for my brother's wedding since I was his best man and wanted to look my best for the pictures and such.

In 2004, I bought a cheap set of hair clippers and have been cutting my own hair ever since. My wife trims up the back and around my ears for me. I let my hair grow out more during the winter months and keep it pretty short during the spring, summer and fall months.
    My dad had real wavy hair and barbers would leave it sticking straight out on the side. He first tried something called a trim comb. That did work well so he started cutting his hair with a comb and scissors. Did a damned good job too.

Top Bottom