• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The only other POTUS that comes close is Ronald Reagan. And yes, I consider Trump a better President.

Yes, you are comparing Trump to years of terrible presidents. So saying how great he is in comparison isn’t saying a whole lot.

We can do better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    ^^^^^^^^

Can we "do better"?

Sure, exceeding previous accomplishments is part of the human condition. But in my previous posts, I have stated that Trump was the best in my lifetime, NOT the best that there ever will be in U.S. history.

Reactions: gll

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    With the way democrats seem to be able to do as they please and one currently being puppeteered as a president I see none Better than Trump within reach in decades.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Yes, you are comparing Trump to years of terrible presidents. So saying how great he is in comparison isn’t saying a whole lot.

We can do better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You keep repeating yourself with "We can do better." But the fact of the matter is you do not know that. DeSantis "may" be better. We have experience with Trump and therefore have a "clue" as to how he operates. His foreign affairs track record is pretty good. DeSantis foreign affairs??? Trump did a pretty good job of protecting and expanding veterans aid and assistance. DeSantis??? Trump did a pretty good job of protecting the unborn. DeSantis???

Can we get someone with a better persona? Maybe. Can we get someone better at making America great again. Doubtful. The fact of the matter is Trump is Trump like him or don't. He was as good a "tool" for what he encountered as we were apt to find. Had no problem going head to head standing his(our) ground against the insane left.

Trump was very inexperienced and only hit the White House with a head full of ideas and a direction he wanted the country to move in. Staffing was pretty convoluted. He got very little real help. A Republican congress that was worthless. Paul Ryan - Remember that guy. Mitch McConnell? Do you think he had any real intentions of helping turn this country around. And the list goes on and on and on. Yet Trump persevered. DeSantis???

I'd prefer one more term of Trump. Then probably 2 terms of DeSantis.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You keep repeating yourself with "We can do better." But the fact of the matter is you do not know that. DeSantis "may" be better. We have experience with Trump and therefore have a "clue" as to how he operates. His foreign affairs track record is pretty good. DeSantis foreign affairs??? Trump did a pretty good job of protecting and expanding veterans aid and assistance. DeSantis??? Trump did a pretty good job of protecting the unborn. DeSantis???

Can we get someone with a better persona? Maybe. Can we get someone better at making America great again. Doubtful. The fact of the matter is Trump is Trump like him or don't. He was as good a "tool" for what he encountered as we were apt to find. Had no problem going head to head standing his(our) ground against the insane left.

Trump was very inexperienced and only hit the White House with a head full of ideas and a direction he wanted the country to move in. Staffing was pretty convoluted. He got very little real help. A Republican congress that was worthless. Paul Ryan - Remember that guy. Mitch McConnell? Do you think he had any real intentions of helping turn this country around. And the list goes on and on and on. Yet Trump persevered. DeSantis???

I'd prefer one more term of Trump. Then probably 2 terms of DeSantis.
    Someone with a better persona?? That would be pretty easy.

Had he truly been great, he would still be in office having won a second term.

Again, his administration had a number of great accomplishments. But his ego and his loose cannon of a mouth not only cost the country the WH, but the senate as well.

ETH77

ZAP Rules
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2008
    Houston

Again, his administration had a number of great accomplishments. But his ego and his loose cannon of a mouth not only cost the country the WH, but the senate as well.
    It wasn’t his mouth, it was the proven fraudulent elections in AZ,WI,MI,PA,GA. See, when you catch them on video, you find ballots dumped in creeks, you find the voting machines hopelessly compromised-but only in swing states(?), it’s NOT THE MOUTH!

OTOH there sure are a lot of people who want to believe that it’s all Trump’s fault. I’m sure Mitt Romney would have won since he don’t talk ugly. :banghead:

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

Would you provide a few examples (in context) of this loose cannon of a mouth?

Even his "very nice people" quote, when in context makes great sense but was twisted into something it wasnt except to those who had (have) an overwhelming need to hate him.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx

i am totally in agreement with his accomplishments. but the above 2 sentences are 100% true. many times i wanted a staffer or ? to grab him by the neck and tell him the STFU! or break his twitter typing fingers! and ban the use of the word "perfect" from his speeches. i think in his first debate with sleepy joe if he had let the moron speak then calmly destroyed him with facts instead of insults he'd still be in office.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Several years ago when I dropped Twitter, the only thing I missed was Trump's Tweets, because they almost always had consequence... I found an android app by the name Trump Tweets that notified me and displayed his tweets without comments without Twitter. When Twitter deleted him, the tweets naturally stopped, even while all his old tweets remained visible in the app.

May 3rd, I started getting notifications of new Tweets, which I know originate from https://www.donaldjtrump.com/desk/desk-q7wsgfnztk/, but the interesting thing is when I share a link from Trump Tweets, the link is fomatted as if it was for Twitter, and opens in Twitter with a fault message...

I find that I enjoy hearing from him. Even though I've never really liked him as a person, he still has the power to make libs squeal!

Best president in my lifetime, the only 2016 candidate that could have beat Hillary... Show me better, and I'll vote for them.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    My biggest disappointment is his continuing (even yesterday) dumping on his VP. Takes my personal Trump approval rating down to 85% overall.
    Well, I don't think he was happy with whal looked like swamp muck that suddenly appeared on the VP during the confirmation debacle... that said I generally like Pence and while I disagree on his lack of fight, I mostly trust his motives.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Well, I don't think he was happy with the swamp muck that suddenly appeared on the VP during the confirmation debacle... that said I generally like Pence and while I disagree on his lack of fight, I mostly trust his motives.

I wouldn't vote for Pence for president, if there was a better choice, say Trump for instance...

Top Bottom