• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I never missed the contraption and didn't care for it when it was first introduced. I can't be the only one here. Or??????.
    At first, I felt the same.
    Especially coming from CA, where death by 1000 paper cuts is the norm.

But the older I get, and moving to a free state, the more I realize that successfully fighting for the rights of others pays dividends to my own personal liberties.

2A can’t fall, or all of our other rights will fall right along with it.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    It never mattered to me one way or the other. What did matter was a felony being created out of thin air, independent of any actual legislated law. Even if that new felony had nothing to do with me, if it's allowed to stand the next one might. Bump stocks one day, why not magazine capacity the next? Or scary looking rifles? Creating law via executive order and through a federal agency is unconstitutional and there's no good reason to turn a blind eye to it.
    Or braced pistols. At some point, they'll try to ban magazines, optics, binary triggers, body armor/ballistic helmets, bipods,et al. under some rubric or other ('offensive weapon', 'especially dangerous', 'inappror0riate for civilians', 'sniper weapon'. etc.).

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Or braced pistols. At some point, they'll try to ban magazines, optics, binary triggers, body armor/ballistic helmets, bipods,et al. under some rubric or other ('offensive weapon', 'especially dangerous', 'inappror0riate for civilians', 'sniper weapon'. etc.).

And it won't just be the ATF. If one agency is allowed to make it up as they go along, others will follow. We're already seeing it. The EPA is trying to say that irrigation ditches are "navigable waterways". The Department of Education is pushing all kinds of leftist policies on what can be taught in the classroom. If this is allowed, then next time we turn around our gas cars will be illegal, complaining about it online will get is 5 years in jail, and the government will decide what gender your child gets to be.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I never missed the contraption and didn't care for it when it was first introduced. I can't be the only one here. Or??????.
    1677853809349.png

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    I meant if the bump stock ruling survives going through SCOTUS, will people, like Lawrence DeMonico, at Rare Breed, gain more traction in court to get the fATF to back off their attack on the triggers.

Last edited:

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    For all who have commented on this topic and lawful and responsible gun owners present and future save the date Feb 28th.

Washington Gun Law President, William Kirk, discusses the HUGE case of Cargill v. Garland which is now set for oral arguments before the Supreme Court on February 28th. While many believe that this case is "just about bump stocks" it actually is about much, much more. You see, what's really at stake is the ATF's entire playbook where a President just turns them loose like a rabid attack dog with the edict of "go make this illegal." What that ultimately translates to is lets turn millions of lawful American citizens into criminals overnight. And we have seen this playbook be used time and time again. Forced reset triggers, pistol braces, unfinished frames and receivers, this playbook has been used by this Administration ad nauseum. BUT, do you know who actually developed that playbook? The answer might surprise you.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom