• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Danderso

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2020
    Fannin Co
    I'm finding I'm in a bind with my LTC. I'm currently 56 work days into the statutory 60, and no license. I finally got answers about the delay today.
    Delayed over an old arrest from a decade ago, in which all charges got dropped. Now I'm not sure what to do as my old state of Illinois is being a pain about the documents and Texas won't issue my LTC unless I can show it was dropped.
    To add to the ridiculousness I hold an active armed guard license, applied for at the same time. So I can be trusted to carry a gun while I get paid for it, trusted to carry it around to protect small children. However I'm apparently not trustworthy enough to carry to protect myself.
    I'm told my best option is to sue once I'm past the statutory limit, but that's an expensive and time consuming process and I have little time and less money as it is.
    Someone please help. I'm tired of being kicked down the road like this.
    Venture Surplus ad

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Its 90 days, not 60. And the time starts when they receive complete information. The clock goes on pause when they are waiting on you to provide the required information.

Additionally, if they have complete information they can take more than 90 days if they advise you.

DPS is following the law and administrative rules.

Illinois seeks to be your hold up.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom