Join TexasGunTalk

Trimming, Pruning or removing storm damaged limbs your Trees?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by birddog, Jun 16, 2019.

1. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Oak Wilt transferred via dirty saw chain kills it. BF Tree transferred via BF Helicopter (very expensive) cures the loss.

Southpaw likes this.
  2. birddog

birddog bullshit meter

Mar 4, 2008
    Dallas / Ft. Worth
    shasy

You ignored my questions and keep parroting what you've said previously. I'm going to say this and then I want to leave me the FK alone.

What is written and what is not can at times be just as important. Nuance, inference, concepts, they diminish the need to have to write exhaustive, formal highly detailed thesis covering every conceptual, factual, and hypothetical matter of relevance. Your perception that hispanic played no part in my commentary was your opinion. A flawed opinion.

What would motivate you to interject yourself into a conversation by attacking and derailing a thread over the use of one, single word. Wasnt derogatory, used offensively, it described an element of those involved in a factual descriptive manner. And it is relevant for a number of reasons.

I still have my original mensa card and and current member ID card. I'll be more than happy to PM an image of both to give you an idea of who i am.i have no cognitive issues other than impatience.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  3. Shady

Shady Well-Known

Aug 24, 2013
    my only response would be white crack head is a defined group among one race where as the way you originally posted your first post it implied that all people of one race are something.

dbgun likes this.
  4. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    Tough to do but some large oaks can be moved/transplanted.

Here is one in Buda that made a trip last year. Bet it cost easily the above amount.

Does make you wonder if it is still alive though?

5. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    What are the chances the tree survives?

Very good. The survival rate of trees the company has moved is 98 percent, Cox said. It takes a couple years for a tree to get fully established in its new environment. The trees have to be monitored for their moisture level and given fertilization to make sure they thrive.

As with any with any pruning, transplanted trees are often healthier than other old trees because their roots have had a chance to regenerate and are shorter, meaning there’s less distance for water to have to travel, Cox said.

Oldest tree Environmental Design has ever moved? Bristle cone pines in Colorado that were more than 2,000 years old.

Largest tree the company has ever moved? 1.3 million pounds.

Farthest the company has ever moved a tree? On boat from South China to Dubai.

6. Davetex

Davetex TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 27, 2010
    Pflugerville
    Wow, that''s amazing.

Dad_Roman likes this.
  7. Coiled

Coiled Pissed off is my comfort zone

Nov 25, 2016
    Huntsville-ish
    I come here to watch the dumbass pissin' contest, please don't encourage on topic posters. ;)

oldag, Vec, birddog and 3 others like this.
  8. birddog

birddog bullshit meter

Mar 4, 2008
    Dallas / Ft. Worth
    Saguaro's could not be transplanted until a few years ago. The methos used to do it is interesting, let me dig it it up.....

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    Dad_Roman likes this.
  9. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    I thought so too. Those guys have a seemingly impossible task down to an absolute science. 98% success? Amazing.

Davetex likes this.
  10. Shady

Shady Well-Known

Aug 24, 2013
    Meh you posted on an open form I commented on it and you got your panties in a bunch

Not much else to say about it.