• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    That's sick, reminds me of a police officer uses his radar gun on a jet aircraft outside naval Base. His gun exploded and his Dept wants the Navy to pay for it and they received a picture of him aiming the gun at the jet. What happened was the pilot canceled the missle launch but the aircraft laser fried the radar gun instead.
    Say what?
    Lynx Defense

etxranch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2019
    US
    I have had the IR-Hunter since it came out. Upgraded it and now it is MK3-60mm. Still the best IR I have seen at that price point.
    It is my understanding that the IR hunter is upgradeable and the reap-ir is not? If so, I would like the IR hunter then , even though it's a tad heavier.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am also planning to put the thermal on a Tavor X95. It's got a 18 inchbm barrel which should punch through varmints fast.

Generally thermal sighting systems are used from short to moderate ranges.
    My quest is to find a cheap gently used Tavor in 300BLK.
    With thermal and a suppressor it would be a joy.
    Not seen one yet.

I handled a Tavor last week in .308. Its muzzle blast that close to my face would probably loosen my dental amalgam!!!

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    IIRC Austin PD shot some guy in his yard after he shot at the helicopter. The thermal camera filming it made it look as if the top of his head cam off, then the warm blood flow started.

Yech!!!

On a friendlier note...... When my dog goes out and empties his bladder it's entertaining to watch the stream and the warm wet spot is visible for quite a while thereafter.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    When they say lifetime warranty, what sort of stupidity does that include?

Buying something that expensive would give me serious reservations. But not envy it any less...

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    So what yall saying is- I shouldn't be using my thermal scope to check out the B-1 engine heat when it's doing fly-overs out at the house?

You're good, it was the radar beam that triggered the jets response. That's an old one when they were using radar. You're safe as the thermal is a passive devise, not active. Now an infrared scope might be iffy as it uses infrared to light up the target and the plane could trigger on it.

etxranch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2019
    US
    Emailed trijicon regarding the Reap-IR upgradability:

Good morning and thank you for your inquiry. The Type 2 Reap’s with new body and battery housing can be upgraded from the 20mm to the 35mm or 60mm and so on. The TYPE 1 cannot be upgraded to a Type 2 unfortunately. There may be a firmware update that can be done however you would need to send in the optic to have this determination made.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Emailed trijicon regarding the Reap-IR upgradability:

Good morning and thank you for your inquiry. The Type 2 Reap’s with new body and battery housing can be upgraded from the 20mm to the 35mm or 60mm and so on. The TYPE 1 cannot be upgraded to a Type 2 unfortunately. There may be a firmware update that can be done however you would need to send in the optic to have this determination made.
    That's cool. Good to know.

You thinking you want the Reap?

I'm itching bad to upgrade to a 60mm

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994