• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldCurlyWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Tulia
    "TexasRedneck", I would agree, assuming along with the fence, it is legally posted. Most people I've seen just reply "I didn't see the signs". We used to make arrest if someone ignored a "fenced property" for Trespassing, especially if a 6' privacy fence and the owner wished to pursue charges. With current liberal interpretations of the laws that's not happening in some large cities, even with legal posting.

I informed a whole city department that ANY one of their employees that set foot on my property without legal authorization, i.e. a warrant of some type, would be charged with trespassing. I delivered in person to the head of the department. It was obeyed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2019
    Fort Worth
    XDdhHbRk_o.jpg

Attachments

• XDdhHbRk_o.jpg
      XDdhHbRk_o.jpg
      131.1 KB · Views: 970

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    Yep. Unfortunately l believe a fence is in order. Other wise you will probably be wearing out the sheriff with trespassing charges
    Unfortunately that's what happens when the law doesn't hold criminals accountable. It's sickening. Also, I can look at our county jail roster and people locked up with records going back 15 and 20 years that have been arrested for violent crimes and have been released over and over.

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    "Unfortunately that's what happens when the law doesn't hold criminals accountable. It's sickening. Also, I can look at our county jail roster and people locked up with records going back 15 and 20 years that have been arrested for violent crimes and have been released over and over."

^^^Unfortunately, the majority of times the property owners will say they won't press charges and just want the perpetrator to leave and not return, in which case the Officers simply write a report. It's amazing how many times people won't be bothered to go in and file an official complaint.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    My first job in high-school was for a local tire shop. The owner had about 40 acres behind it that had access to another road on the back side. People would come and go mudding or riding four wheelers and dirt bikes back there. There were trespassing signs everywhere. He took a couple of boxes of decking screws and painted them all green and then spread them everywhere he thought people where entering his property. He then told me if anyone comes in for a flat repair and I pull a green screw out of a tire, to immediately let him know. I found at least 20 of them.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    "Unfortunately that's what happens when the law doesn't hold criminals accountable. It's sickening. Also, I can look at our county jail roster and people locked up with records going back 15 and 20 years that have been arrested for violent crimes and have been released over and over."

^^^Unfortunately, the majority of times the property owners will say they won't press charges and just want the perpetrator to leave and not return, in which case the Officers simply write a report. It's amazing how many times people won't be bothered to go in and file an official complaint.
    I'm sure that happens quite a lot, and as far as the revolving door, if the police were in charge of that it would stop. As far as my understanding of criminal trespassing law, you the property owner have to tell them to leave your property and then the police can issue them a criminal trespass warning so then if they come back and the police catch them, they can be arrested. At least that's how it was in the 90's.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    why don't you put up a sign that reads: Due to the rising cost of ammunition "We don't fire warning shots" I've also got another sign on my gated driveway, painted on the wood, "We don't call 911" with 2 silver toy cap gun pistols screwed to the wooden sign. I cant find a pic of it or I would post it. Makes people think twice before they venture down the driveway.
    My signs have a picture of a dog and "I can run 40 MPH, can you?"

svco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2014
    why don't you put up a sign that reads: Due to the rising cost of ammunition "We don't fire warning shots" I've also got another sign on my gated driveway, painted on the wood, "We don't call 911" with 2 silver toy cap gun pistols screwed to the wooden sign. I cant find a pic of it or I would post it. Makes people think twice before they venture down the driveway.

Exhibit A for the civil suit.

Top Bottom