• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    There are ways to deal with disrespectful trespassers.

My Grandma had kids who would cut thru her yard to jump her fence as a short cut. Not just cut corners but from front to back right thru the middle. It didnt matter if she were right there yelling at them they figured shes an old lady so who cares.

Well, I cared and since I cut the grass and was a young stupid slightly less crotchety version of my present self I let the grass grow a couple weeks then took a roll of bailing wire and 8 stakes and set up trip wires just below the grass but high enough to trip the little bastards and waited.

They were pretty regular about when they would come thru so I went over early sat morning and waited inside and had my grandmother wait outside and told here today was the last day this was going to happen and to start yelling at them to stay out of her yard.

Right on schedule 4 or 5 lil teen bastards came walking thru and she hollered get out of my property. I waited around the house till they got deep enough in that they were committed to going all the way thru and started raising holy hell about cutting off body parts after some ars whippings and they realized it wasnt just a little old lady this time and bolted for the fence full speed...for about 3 steps and all tripped hitting the ground. Up they jumped a couple more steps and down they went. The third time I was laughing so hard I couldnt yell anymore and the last wire was just before the gravel so they all got nice road rash. They never cut thru again. Infact they avoided even walking down the street for several months.

I was very lucky no one broke anything or fell on a stake out of blind luck. I would have been in some jeopardy for hurting them. At least my grandmother insc would be at any rate. You cant just booby trap your property, well at least in AZ. Trespassing and getting hurt is somewhat on them. Its different if you booby trap so they will intentionally get hurt.

I still smile and chuckle some 35 40 years later. It was funny sheit. Stupid on my part but funny and solved the problem.
    Guns International

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    You cant just booby trap your property, well at least in AZ. Trespassing and getting hurt is somewhat on them. Its different if you booby trap so they will intentionally get hurt.

Yeah there are laws against boobytraps in all states.
    You’ll be liable for injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2019
    Fort Worth
    why don't you put up a sign that reads: Due to the rising cost of ammunition "We don't fire warning shots" I've also got another sign on my gated driveway, painted on the wood, "We don't call 911" with 2 silver toy cap gun pistols screwed to the wooden sign. I cant find a pic of it or I would post it. Makes people think twice before they venture down the driveway.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    why don't you put up a sign that reads: Due to the rising cost of ammunition "We don't fire warning shots" I've also got another sign on my gated driveway, painted on the wood, "We don't call 911" with 2 silver toy cap gun pistols screwed to the wooden sign. I cant find a pic of it or I would post it. Makes people think twice before they venture down the driveway.
    lol, no it does't.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    What's the color for slightly spoiled subject posting?

Not quite necro posting...well maybe.

Last edited:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2019
    Fort Worth
    XDdhHbRk_o.jpg

Attachments

• XDdhHbRk_o.jpg
      XDdhHbRk_o.jpg
      131.1 KB · Views: 1,158

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    After being a "LEO" for the past 33 years in a large city (in Texas) I am convinced that most people today simply don't respect others privacy. It does seem to be largely a generational issue but I agree that a fence is likely the only viable solution. Why force confrontations when unnecessary, and if someone crosses your fence then you have every right to confront aggressively, IMHO.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    After being a "LEO" for the past 33 years in a large city (in Texas) I am convinced that most people today simply don't respect others privacy. It does seem to be largely a generational issue but I agree that a fence is likely the only viable solution. Why force confrontations when unnecessary, and if someone crosses your fence then you have every right to confront aggressively, IMHO.

Ummmm.....NOT if it's not legally posted. Especially in the city - everyone seems to think they're entitled to whatever you have that they want.

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    "TexasRedneck", I would agree, assuming along with the fence, it is legally posted. Most people I've seen just reply "I didn't see the signs". We used to make arrest if someone ignored a "fenced property" for Trespassing, especially if a 6' privacy fence and the owner wished to pursue charges. With current liberal interpretations of the laws that's not happening in some large cities, even with legal posting.

Top Bottom