TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    If you buy acreage - fence it.

Is doing so costly?

Yep.

It's money well spent.

My closest neighbor is still pissed I put up a fence as it makes him have to go way around to get to some other property instead of going though my property...how thoughtless of me for barring him off my property with his 4 f-ing wheeler or pickup...and wheel ruts.....

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    Approach the next couple of Trespassers with shotgun in hand and give em a good verbal tongue lashing. You will soon become known as that senile old fart on the 4 acre tract and folks will not dare mess with you after awhile.
    If that doesn't work, I was going to say shoot, shovel, and shut up. But that would not be PRACTICAL if you have neighbors very close to you. So you must
    1) Silently attack from behind, slitting the trespasser's throat after covering their mouth
    2) Shovel , and
    3) Shut up.
    Best to do it after dark, if possible, or at least at dusk.

This post is for entertainment/educational purposes only. Severe penalty for early withdrawal. Member FDIC. Read instructions carefully before using. May cause unusual skin rash or vomiting. Always wear safety equipment. Limited time offer. Slippery when wet. Your mileage may vary. Be sure to check with Mom and Dad before attempting this or any other maneuvers. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. Please don't feed the bears. That's a cocktail waitress in a Dolly Parton wig. May contain peanuts. Stop, look, and listen. Offer not valid in Vermont or in other states. Make sure there is water in pool before diving. Does not prevent pregnancy or any sexually transmitted diseases. Coffee may be hot. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery. Speak softly and carry a big stick. Non-lawyer spokesperson.

Last edited:

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Approach the next couple of Trespassers with shotgun in hand and give em a good verbal tounge lashing. You will soon become known as that senile old fart on the 4 acre tract and folks will not dare mess with you after awhile.

This would be the most fun and possibly effective but not my style. I really don’t think he will be back. I’m just gonna figure out how I want to fence and do it. Shame I have to do that but it will solve this issue. I’m gonna look into the purple post and get rid of these signs.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    If you buy acreage - fence it.

Is doing so costly?

Yep.

It's money well spent.

My closest neighbor is still pissed I put up a fence as it makes him have to go way around to get to some other property instead of going though my property...how thoughtless of me for barring him off my property with his 4 f-ing wheeler or pickup...and wheel ruts.....

When we bought the shop which is located on a corner with a stop light....we blocked the parking lot so people couldn't cut the light..................

Actually had people come in the shop and complain they couldn't cut across our private property anymore.............

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    When we bought the shop which is located on a corner with a stop light....we blocked the parking lot so people couldn't cut the light..................

Actually had people come in the shop and complain they couldn't cut across our private property anymore.............
    Lord. Those people who cut through corner parking lots drive me batty.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Approach the next couple of Trespassers with shotgun in hand and give em a good verbal tounge lashing. You will soon become known as that senile old fart on the 4 acre tract and folks will not dare mess with you after awhile.
    Preferably in overalls while chewing tobacco.

yakdung

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Texas
    I would like to suggest to take a clearly identifiable photo of this person(s) and or movie for your records before making initial verbal contact. While he is still on your property, try and determine if he has a vehicle. If so, snap a picture of the plate and VIN number then notify him he is trespassing. If he decides to act stupid, you now have a hard record.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Wonder if that would work in the city. Put purple posts by the front sidewalk and corners of my property.

I hate the door to door folks whatever their reason. I am over 21 and if I want their survey, religion, political opinion, product, service or bullshit; I can find it without their spiel.

I may just tell you how I really feel if you ask nicely.

Why go to that effort if your a city dweller? Purple posts/trees are just one way to post legal notice if no trespassing.

You can render notice with effective signage.

Now, none of that prevents someone from stepping foot on your property; it just speeds up the process from LEOs giving a trespass warning and goes straight to citation.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Lord. Those people who cut through corner parking lots drive me batty.
    Last time I was in traffic court (over 15 years ago) some cop had a field day somewhere (probably STEP). Nearly every case was for cutting through a parking lot to avoid a traffic control device.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    My father house was on a corner lot and people kept cutting the corner and driving through his yard. After putting up pvc poles out there and many other things which didn't work he had some huge 4' boulders brought in and put along the property line. It wasn't a week went by before the sheriff came by and told him he had to remove them. Someone else in the neighborhood had the same problem and strung a good sized cable across his yard about 2 or 3 foot high off the ground. Stayed there for years. I was the UPS driver out there at the time and always remembered that.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Yeah build a fence. If your place is anything like our friends lake house at Cedar Creek, the community can be a circus between the weekenders and full timers And the well off and struggling. My friends have been fortunate but I know of 3 of their neighbors that have had issues where sheriff was called. It is like knots landing minus the mansions.

My buddy owns an alarm company so cameras and motion detectors abound. Knowing him, any person coming onto his property to commit a crime would be in for a world of hurt

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I just recently fenced off the 1.5 acres behind my house for a couple reasons. One being my wife and kids want to have an exotic petting zoo behind the house. The other reason was to keep people off my property with their dogs, motorcycles, 4 wheelers, scooters, go-karts, and cars. This property is for me. Not them.

When I lived in Odessa there was a rental house next door which always seemed to be rented to the worst neighbors imaginable. At one point there was 9 adults living in that 3 bedroom house. All of their vehicles wouldn’t fit in the driveway, so they parked in the yard. One of the guys drove a little low rider car that couldn’t jump the curb to get into or out of their yard, so he started driving up my driveway and across my yard to park in their yard and would drive out my driveway to leave their yard. I asked them several times not to do this but it kept happening. I called the city a few times and they all got cited for parking in the yard. But every weekend they would drive across my yard again. So one Saturday afternoon I was in my garage cleaning guns, and I heard the low rider start up and head towards my yard to exit out my driveway. I met him at the property line with a shotgun pointed at his windshield. After that day, they never drove up my driveway again.

TL;DR. Private property. Keep out.

Last edited:

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I used to lease a ranch that had a private lake big enough to install a slalom course on.

It was amazing how many people thought that they were entitled to cross my fence and fish on my lake without asking. I had to run people off weekly. Greeting them with a shotgun in hand was a guarantee that they didn’t come back.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I am sure somebody said it already if you don't like ugly signs put up a fence. It keeps the neighbors off your land

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    My childhood home sat on 2.5 acres of lakefront property. People felt quite entitled to park at the far end of our property, walk down to the beach and use it like a public park. My Mom spent many days in the summer running people off. No trespassing signs mean little to people.

Too bad she also ran off the 20'ish year old gal in the bright red bikini ... bottom who liked to sunbathe on our beach. 11 year old me liked her a lot.

Top Bottom