• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirtyharry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Norway
    Hello,

we are college students traveling to Houston and San Antonio in January to visit some companies in the oil business. We are really interested in trying out a shooting range, but there is such a vast of opportunities out there! We are looking for a place where we can do a little bit of fun shooting with guns and fully automatic weapons. We are very serious when it comes to gun and treat it with the outmost care, so we are not looking to play Rambo. However, we are attracted to more powerful weapons and we have never tried anything except a handgun.

Where can one find such a place in Houston or San Antonio that rents out these kind of weapons to amateurs?

Thank you
    Gun Zone Deals

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Welcome to TGT and the USA.

I am not familiar with those areas but I am sure someone will come along to help. Good luck and enjoy.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Member alert.

"dirtyharry."

One (1) post.

Norway.

Do we have another Anders Behring Breivik looking for access to more than a Mini-14?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I don't know about your last line but one post by 'dirtyharry' from another country and an amateur wanting to shoot FA were red flags to me too.
    If I knew the area ranges, I wouldn't make a recommendation.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...I wouldn't make a recommendation.
    I, on the other hand, am a trusting soul.

dirtyharry from Norway, drop me a PM a couple of weeks before you arrive. If you'll be conveniently close to me, I'll be happy to act as your host.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    The guy is only trying to shoot these guns, not buy them. Some people are too paranoid.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The guy is only trying to shoot these guns, not buy them. Some people are too paranoid.

Agreed, I know a lot of people from other countries that like to shoot when they come to the States. Hell, Waikiki has several indoor gun ranges near my hotel that catered to mainly Japanese tourists.

There is nothing wrong or illegal for a visitor to come to this country to want to shoot FA firearms.

And accusing them of being another Anders Behring Breivik is a bit much. How would someone from Texas like to be accused of being Charles Joseph Whitman if they visited Norway?

Eagledax

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    San Antonio
    The Bullet Hole in San Antonio for fully auto, not sure but I think they are the only ones that rent that tyke of hardware.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    In San Antonio I'll agree it is definitely Bullet Hole (here's the website for you, go to the gun rental tab and you'll see their prices and charge per magazine, The Bullet Hole Shooting Complex San Antonio's Best Range and Concealed Carry Resource). And I can understand where they're coming from, if you don't have the opportunity to do it there why not try it in a place that you can legally try it. I remember talking to some British Royal Marines in Afghanistan and we got on the subject of guns and one of the guys was talking about when he had gone to the states to go to Vegas they went to a range out there that rented a lot of cool things.

SabBumNim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Have any of you rented a full auto before? I am near bullet hole. Just not sure if $$$ is worth the 5 min of shooting (if that).

Top Bottom