• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2022
    Houston
    That's up to the choice of each of us....my youngest is an LEO - his position is that he figures 99% of the folks he stops are armed, so seeing it simply gets the old "Make a deal with you - keep your hand away from the gun, and I won't have to grab mine." He says it with a laugh, and the folks are generally relieved and stress levels drop all around.
    I had also understood that when your information is pulled up by a LEO, it shows if you have a CHL/LTC. I cannot confirm that though. Personally I do not want to give our LEO'S any reason to fear me, they got enough crazy people to deal with. Respect and doing what they say is in the forefront of my mind.
    Military Camp

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I had also understood that when your information is pulled up by a LEO, it shows if you have a CHL/LTC. I cannot confirm that though. Personally I do not want to give our LEO'S any reason to fear me, they got enough crazy people to deal with. Respect and doing what they say is in the forefront of my mind.
    Yes, that is true. A few years back I got in a bit of a hurry to buy more propane and forgot to pull out my LTC when I gave the DPS officer my DL. He came back asking about it after checking the computer. I apologized and handed it to him.

I believe respect has lessened my tickets over the years, and not trying to lie about what I had done wrong.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    don't put your holstered pistol up on the dash
    A long time ago I had a guy tell me that when he is pulled over, he sets his holstered pistol on the dash so the officer can see it. I asked him if that had actually ever happened. He said it had multiple times and there was no incident. I didn't believe him.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >

Sometimes the Texas Legislature really screws things up absurdly.

Several years back, they passed new laws restricting firearms in airports, but failed to note extant federal laws, FAA policies, and ICAO treaties.

Plus, their wording was horribly sloppy.

Then, they all went home for two years

Courts just stopped the whole deal until Legislature re-met, and fixed their own mess.

Clowns !

leVieux

Top Bottom