• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DrgnD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2021
    Round Rock
    Hey All,

I am looking at taking a couple classes hopefully in the next year. I am wondering what cases people use to transport all their gear around. I currently have a Pelican 1750, but It is MASSIVE, and I'm kinda tempted to look at something smaller as far as suitcases/travel trunk for all the gear. If I'm not flying, I'd rather not lug the Pelican around.

TIA
    DK Firearms

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Depends on what you are lugging around. A few pistols and ammo, get a rolling tool box from Home Depot or Lowes. More information would be required to provide a proper answer.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I used Pelican cases for my work equipment, dive gear, cameras during the times I traveled to Japan and Taiwan for work. I engraved id and phone number into the cases. They are not cheap but they protect the contents and are waterproof.

Last edited:

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I use a Harbor Freight pelican knockoff. You can tailor it to suit using the pluck foam it comes with or go the “cleaner” look with precut foam that’s made to the box you have. Its not cheap, but I do have
    recut foam set for one of my HF boxes. The others are pluck pull foam that comes with the boxes.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Hey All,

I am looking at taking a couple classes hopefully in the next year. I am wondering what cases people use to transport all their gear around. I currently have a Pelican 1750, but It is MASSIVE, and I'm kinda tempted to look at something smaller as far as suitcases/travel trunk for all the gear. If I'm not flying, I'd rather not lug the Pelican around.

TIA

Welcome to the Forum!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I’ve been eyeballing this one…may not be great for TSA

de5d2177b1a0b0989067a5a6189342eb.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There’s some nice stuff there, though not all comply with airline rules.
    Airlines must comply with TSA regulations; BUT, many airlines also have their own more detailed requirements. Unfortunately, most of their employees don't know their owh company's rules. I always print-out everything from TSA and from each airline involved, multiple copies. One big caveat, if you get diverted to a firearms unfriendly state and must "claim and recheck", DON'T pick up your luggage with weapons, ask an airport police officer to do it for you. Some States are so arrogant that they won't comply with the federal laws. You may eventually prevail, but it will be a royal PITA and expensive.
    leVieux

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    One double rifle Pelican/Hardigg/Storm Case No Foam. Rifles and pistols in soft cases up to the weight limit. Clothing can go in here as well. I have a story about that another day.

Another foot locker sized case carried my small ammo cache, and my duffel(s), sleeping bag, etc.

This method/system worked fine for me for several trips. The nice thing about this way, is that the hard cases can stay outside if necessary in any weather.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Airlines must comply with TSA regulations; BUT, many airlines also have their own more detailed requirements. Unfortunately, most of their employees don't know their owh company's rules. I always print-out everything from TSA and from each airline involved, multiple copies. One big caveat, if you get diverted to a firearms unfriendly state and must "claim and recheck", DON'T pick up your luggage with weapons, ask an airport police officer to do it for you. Some States are so arrogant that they won't comply with the federal laws. You may eventually prevail, but it will be a royal PITA and expensive.
    leVieux

Correct on all accounts. “Airline approved” is a misnomer anyways. FAA requires hard sided lockable with only the traveller having access. Anything with a TSA lock auto fails unless it’s also locked by an independent lock that only the traveller can open.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom