• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sear!!iously

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Spring,Texas
    I recently bought a rr mp5 pending transfer.Firearm serial number is on the form 4 as the registered part no suprise it's a rr. Under manufacturer Qualified manufacturing is listed I thought this was a little strange because I can't find any other rr mp5's with qualified as the manufacturer unless its a registered sear. after removing the lower and inspecting the receiver I see fleming stamped the receiver. So what we have is a fleming rr mp5 manufactured by qualified manufacturing. can anybody shed some light on whats going on here?
    maybe this will help on form 4 box 4a qualified manufacturing broken arrow
    box 4b machine gun
    box 4c 9mm
    box 4d mp5
    length and barrel no info
    serial # of firearm
    box 4h no info
    Venture Surplus ad

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    All of those fellows were pretty close back in the day before the 1986 closing of the registry. I've been told that some of the Qualified sears were made on Flemming equipment during the final days in an effort to get more toys on the registry.

Mongo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Houston area
    I think Qualified did 2 types of conversion, Registered receiver that were essentially registered trigger packs on guns and some sear guns. Both are essentially sear guns but it depends where the serial number was placed. Does the gun have a swing down lower? If so there might be some suspicion of originally being a register receiver/trigger pack gun that a gunsmith converted to a full fledged swing down gun. There is most likely no way for ATF to prove that this was done so its probably a moot point.

sear!!iously

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Spring,Texas
    No it is a clipped lower . On their registered receivers were they not required to put the manufactures info on the receiver anywhere due to the serial # being on the form 4 or should their info be stamped somewhere on the firearm
    I think Qualified did 2 types of conversion, Registered receiver that were essentially registered trigger packs on guns and some sear guns. Both are essentially sear guns but it depends where the serial number was placed. Does the gun have a swing down lower? If so there might be some suspicion of originally being a register receiver/trigger pack gun that a gunsmith converted to a full fledged swing down gun. There is most likely no way for ATF to prove that this was done so its probably a moot point.

Top Bottom