• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Today is the official day I actually transferred my $6000.00 dollar shotgun to my now 18-year-old daughter who is starting her new journey. She is attending Schreiner University in Kerrville and joining their shotgun team. This Beretta 694 O/U 12 Gauge with TSK stock was bought in the fall of 2021 season by me but as of today it now belongs to her as a first-time owned gun. I drafted paperwork for her and changed insurance information declaring her the new owner. My daughter will be the first in our family to own a substantial very expensive gun. Lol. Has anyone here ever gifted a gun to their kids at a very high-value cost like an O/U I have transferred to my daughter?

Attachments

• TSK shotgun.jpg
      TSK shotgun.jpg
      339.1 KB · Views: 88

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Why go to the trouble of transferring it?
    Did she have to be able to prove ownership or something?
    Yes, the school and her shooting team will store the guns in the campus police storage vaults and only registered owners can check in and check out guns from their storage. It is very controlled with an agreement between the shooting team and campus police. I just wrote an affidavit transferring ownership to her plus did more like having her fill out a CBP Form 4457 in case her team travels internationally and also having her obtain her own gun insurance for the shotgun.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    To each their own - but I'd have told 'em to pound sand. I've gifted a number of firearms to various family members over the years with a "Happy (whatever the occasion)" and let 'em go on down the road. All she should have had to do was provide a statement/affidavit of ownership.

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Many years back if my memory serves me right I met an older guy from Comfort, Texas named Bill Thomas who was very involved in Schreiner University Shooting Team.
    Coach for the rifle or shotgun teams? I met the rifle coach in the last orientation. Shotgun coach has been communicating with us for years before she graduated. I will look that name up or talk with the school directors.

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    To each their own - but I'd have told 'em to pound sand. I've gifted a number of firearms to various family members over the years with a "Happy (whatever the occasion)" and let 'em go on down the road. All she should have had to do was provide a statement/affidavit of ownership.
    I know but when dealing with bureaucrats, sometimes you have to take the extra mile to avoid problems with your kids.

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Seems wonky, but I suppose I understand the university's position.
    It sucks but we have to follow the rules.

I do wish the young lady well with her future endeavors.
    Yes, it does but the good thing about this school is they actually allow students with LTC or kids who like to hunt to store their guns with campus police. Same check-in and check-out procedure. My daughter ditched Jacksonville University because their team has a storage facility outside the school and no gun or gun-related items like a gun case are allowed on campus. Even one of the shooting team members with JU told my daughter a team member just recently got suspended for having his gun case on campus. We saw Schreiner a little more gun-friendly but they ask for no guns in dorms and campus and they must go straight to the campus police office before going anywhere else with a gun.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Don't forget I'm your long lost cousin in case you want to gift more firearms

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Today is the official day I actually transferred my $6000.00 dollar shotgun to my now 18-year-old daughter who is starting her new journey. She is attending Schreiner University in Kerrville and joining their shotgun team. This Beretta 694 O/U 12 Gauge with TSK stock was bought in the fall of 2021 season by me but as of today it now belongs to her as a first-time owned gun. I drafted paperwork for her and changed insurance information declaring her the new owner. My daughter will be the first in our family to own a substantial very expensive gun. Lol. Has anyone here ever gifted a gun to their kids at a very high-value cost like an O/U I have transferred to my daughter?
    That's awesome!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Win me lots of medals, trophies, and Gold buckles and then we can talk. Lol

<>

This is so sad.

Back in the BC era when I was at university, we just kept our shotguns in our own dorm lockers, no formality at all. And, zero problems.

They must be paying you CBP Officers a lot better than when I lived on the Border. . . . . .

Good Luck to Daughter with her shooting career.

leVieux

<>

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    <>

This is so sad.

Back in the BC era when I was at university, we just kept our shotguns in our own dorm lockers, no formality at all. And, zero problems.

They must be paying you CBP Officers a lot better than when I lived on the Border. . . . . .

Good Luck to Daughter with her shooting career.

leVieux

<>
    I heard about those days but unfortunately, those days are long gone despite some schools holding out from going full woke. CBP does pay good now that congress and other lawmakers see the true value in our agency.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    You are a great dad. Hope she does well with her education and shooting.

Top Bottom