• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisX

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I took the Combative Weapon Solutions two day low light/night time/active shooter class this past weekend in Hempstead. I've taken a couple pistol classes in the past but this was a definite step up for me. My feeling from listening to the other students was that the class was one of the highest quality classes they've ever taken as well. I believe we had 11 students and 2 instructors so there was good individual attention for each student during the class. The course goes back and forth between some lecture/Q&A to shooting/training. The instructors were very patient with questions and took the time to explain anything that anyone was unsure about. They were also very engaging so it was a lot more of a back and forth than someone just dictating information to you. Safety was also a big emphasis throughout the class which was reassuring.

Day one we start off with some basic target shooting, emphasizing the fundamentals. We moved from there to some lecture on how to clear a room in the low light/dark using a flashlight and your weapon. They go through the different methods for the use of the flashlight with your weapon and the different types of room entries along with the pros and cons of each method. Then we went through drills for clearing rooms that contain multiple targets and later we did it with a partner. To end the first evening we went through a room clearing drill with physical and psychological stress piled on. That was pretty awesome. It's amazing how much stress and pressure alter your state and your performance. That was a great experience.

Day two we started with some more stress related drills. Running back and forth to targets with time limits at different distances and trying to shoot accurately. Then we did some lecture on identifying threats as well as information on handling an active shooter event. We did a lot more shooting the second day. Timed shooting drills drawing from a holster, shooting from the ground, on your back and on your sides. Shooting from a seated position behind a table. Shooting with contact from other people, I guess simulating shooting accurately with people around you jostling you. We did shooting drills on the move, using a shooting cadence matching your footwork. We ended the second day by putting everythinig together in a final stress drill, clearing two rooms, and shooting accurately after running an obstacle course.

I'm sure I'm leaving out some stuff we went over but overall I was very happy with the course. I learned a lot that I can use to train on my own in the future and I could see a lot of improvement in my tactics/shooting as the class progressed. It was a great experience, totally exceeded my expectations.
    Gun Zone Deals

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Sounds like you got a lot out of it and was money well spent. How many rounds did you shoot? Just curious.

Combative W

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Thanks for coming out Chris as we truly enjoyed having you. Your skill sets definitely improved over the two days and by adding reality based stress and scenarios, you realized that our training is not the typical square range training. It gives a realistic evaluation of ones skill sets so one can have an honest assessment of where they truly stand and where improvements need to be made. Glad you got to experience first hand why the defense industry, manufacturers, and people serious about training trust Combative Weapon Solutions. Once again, thank you for coming out. Looking forward to seeing you again in May. Stay safe.

CWS Spartan Helmet Logo.jpg
    Tactical Weapon Training Classes Austin Texas

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    When you go to a class like this, how many magazines do you need to have? I ask b/c for my pistols I only have 3 mags each.

ChrisX

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for coming out Chris as we truly enjoyed having you. Your skill sets definitely improved over the two days and by adding reality based stress and scenarios, you realized that our training is not the typical square range training. It gives a realistic evaluation of ones skill sets so one can have an honest assessment of where they truly stand and where improvements need to be made. Glad you got to experience first hand why the defense industry, manufacturers, and people serious about training trust Combative Weapon Solutions. Once again, thank you for coming out. Looking forward to seeing you again in May. Stay safe.

View attachment 27779
    Tactical Weapon Training Classes Austin Texas

Enjoyed it!

Top Bottom