Venture Surplus ad

Traffic Stops Without An Officer Pulling You Over Will Soon Be Available In Bexar County

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Who are the people that would actually sign up for this?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    1642187667340.png

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    One of the strangest speed traps I have ever seen was back in the late 80's the Texas DPS parked an unmarked cargo van on the side of Interstate 45 south between Houston and Galveston. The rear windows were blacked out except for a circle in the middle of each window. One was a radar gun pointed at the fast lane and the other was a high end camera. Once the speed limit was exceeded the camera took a picture of the front of the car, license plate and drivers face. My buddies car got hit and he took it to court to fight the fine, which was substantial. His case was based on the fact that, yes it was his car, but he did not know who was driving it. After looking at the picture better, it seems as though his nephew would drive the car when he was at work. He would drive down to Galveston to see his wife's sister who he had a baby with. It took a lot of haggling between the judge and the defense attorney, but it was finally thrown out of court. It wasn't too much longer till that speed trap was done away with.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    One of the strangest speed traps I have ever seen was back in the late 80's the Texas DPS parked an unmarked cargo van on the side of Interstate 45 south between Houston and Galveston. The rear windows were blacked out except for a circle in the middle of each window. One was a radar gun pointed at the fast lane and the other was a high end camera. Once the speed limit was exceeded the camera took a picture of the front of the car, license plate and drivers face. My buddies car got hit and he took it to court to fight the fine, which was substantial. His case was based on the fact that, yes it was his car, but he did not know who was driving it. After looking at the picture better, it seems as though his nephew would drive the car when he was at work. He would drive down to Galveston to see his wife's sister who he had a baby with. It took a lot of haggling between the judge and the defense attorney, but it was finally thrown out of court. It wasn't too much longer till that speed trap was done away with.
    Wow, sounds like a complicated domestic situation

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Leon Valley and Balcones Heights, both in San Antonio, are the only two places still running the cameras. Balcones Heights until 2034, and Leon Valley until 2039.

Yep, but you don't have to pay nor is it recorded on your driving record...

According to Texas Transportation Code 707.021, “A local authority may not issue a civil or criminal charge or citation for an offense or violation based on a recorded image produced by a photographic traffic signal enforcement system.”

The new law eliminated the mechanism that made paying red light camera tickets matter to most people, and many cities have already shuttered collections operations for those tickets.

Previously, the Department of Public Safety or county tax assessor-collectors could block vehicle registrations for people with unpaid red light camera tickets. That authority was removed under the new law.

So essentially, paying such a ticket is voluntary.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    From the Montgomery/Harris County End the Red Light Cameras Facebook page...

Dear Citizens of Magnolia and Willis,

Recent efforts by frustrated residents are putting a stop to the Red Light Cameras at many intersections in Texas and throughout the U.S.
    Studies have shown that the use of Red Light Cameras increases accidents, contradicting the claims made by the private companies who are getting rich operating them. Lengthening of the yellow light has proven to reduce accidents.

Montgomery County commissioners put an end to its contract with Redflex, the company that ran 10 Red Light Cameras in The Woodlands.

The City of Conroe is not going to renew their contract with American Traffic Solutions, due to the fact Conroe voters turned out at the polls to rid their city of highway extortion. Contract ends February 2015.

The only two cities in Montgomery County that have not experienced any oppostition to this scam are The City of Willis and The City of Magnolia.

Let's Resist sign the petition to stop the cameras here

Furthermore, the Red Light Cameras are a direct violation of rights protected by the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 14th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution

Signing the petition is not enough, we must let the City Council and Mayor know we want to abolish the Red Light Cameras. They all voted in favor of a contract with Arizona based American Traffic Solutions to make a profit from you. They sold you out.

Contact the Willis Mayor and City Council here

Contact the Magnolia Mayor and City Council here

Share this action packed email with your neighbors.

They are not going to give up easily there is alot of money at stake, your money.

I am committed to abolish these for profit devices in our cities. Are you ready to lay the frame work to rid your city of these for profit devices? Let's meet at a local diner and develope a plan of action. I can't do it alone.

Email me here if you are willing to leave the safety of your keyboard

The right to travel freely is a part of the ‘liberty’ of which the citizen cannot be deprived without the due process of law under the fifth amendment.

Are you at liberty to traveling freely?

Kelli Cook
    Montgomery County Coordinator
    Campaign For Liberty

P.S Let's Abolish the Red Light Cameras in Willis and Magnolia

Contact me to get active on this issue. If not you, then who?

Email me here to make an action plan