Traffic Stops Without An Officer Pulling You Over Will Soon Be Available In Bexar County

Wiliamr

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Apr 15, 2011
Austin
Who are the people that would actually sign up for this?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
1642187667340.png

bigtex10mm

Well-Known
Lifetime Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apr 1, 2021
Central Texas
One of the strangest speed traps I have ever seen was back in the late 80's the Texas DPS parked an unmarked cargo van on the side of Interstate 45 south between Houston and Galveston. The rear windows were blacked out except for a circle in the middle of each window. One was a radar gun pointed at the fast lane and the other was a high end camera. Once the speed limit was exceeded the camera took a picture of the front of the car, license plate and drivers face. My buddies car got hit and he took it to court to fight the fine, which was substantial. His case was based on the fact that, yes it was his car, but he did not know who was driving it. After looking at the picture better, it seems as though his nephew would drive the car when he was at work. He would drive down to Galveston to see his wife's sister who he had a baby with. It took a lot of haggling between the judge and the defense attorney, but it was finally thrown out of court. It wasn't too much longer till that speed trap was done away with.

Grumps21

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Apr 28, 2021
Houston
One of the strangest speed traps I have ever seen was back in the late 80's the Texas DPS parked an unmarked cargo van on the side of Interstate 45 south between Houston and Galveston. The rear windows were blacked out except for a circle in the middle of each window. One was a radar gun pointed at the fast lane and the other was a high end camera. Once the speed limit was exceeded the camera took a picture of the front of the car, license plate and drivers face. My buddies car got hit and he took it to court to fight the fine, which was substantial. His case was based on the fact that, yes it was his car, but he did not know who was driving it. After looking at the picture better, it seems as though his nephew would drive the car when he was at work. He would drive down to Galveston to see his wife's sister who he had a baby with. It took a lot of haggling between the judge and the defense attorney, but it was finally thrown out of court. It wasn't too much longer till that speed trap was done away with.
Wow, sounds like a complicated domestic situation

Top Bottom