• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    They keep saying it's the floor mats interfering with the pedal. I've been hearing it's a problem with the software in the drive-by-wire system. Does anyone know what is actually causing the problem?

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Engineered beyond belief, whatever was the problem with a steel rod from the footfeed to the firewall and then to the carburetor ? The first Ford I owned had a metal footfeed connected to the carb, plus a hand throttle, spark retard lever, manual choke.
    but the brakes were sort of imaginary, ha ha....The simpler a machine is designed makes usage and repair, as well as general safety better. Would I get rid of my Dodge diesel pickup for a brand new 1931 Model A Ford Pickup ? Damned Right !! Not for heavy loads, pulling trailers, traveling across half the country, but for a 50 mph. 40 horse vehicle that would get there, dang tootin' ! I'd probably add hydraulic brakes, 16" wire wheels, and Oh, a Roadster so I could either have the top up or down, plus rumble seat.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    It wasn't a floormat problem. It was a union thug dummycrat problem. Nothing wrong with that car. So cut the floormat a little different. It's fine.

Top Bottom