• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Sounds like Hank Hill thinking he's getting a deal at MSRP :laughing:

Yeah of course don't pay the mark up, but never pay the sticker price either.

I walked out of the expedition deal with the total financed including all taxes and warranties well under MSRP. So I got a decent deal in my opinion.

That's why I said the mark up is already baked into MSRP. Hell its baked into dealer cost. Why?

They arent losing money, weather its kickback from banks for bringing them customers or from the manufacturer for the volume of car deals or the other customers who blindly payment shop with no clue as to what financing costs for their credit, the dealer will get his.

I always say I'm a payment shopper to the dealer and they relax a bit thinking they can get me a bit. In reality I know the avarage cost of the car, the dealer cost if I can find it, costs of taxes and extras I want and more importantly my credit and the interest rate that makes the cost per thousand a month to finance. So my payment number is not a budget number of the max I can afford like they think it is, it's, in reality, the max i'll pay for the car The same thing as working the bottom line only from a different direction.

In the end everyone thinks they are the best hagler who rapes the dealer like they win some trophy for bedding the home coming queen and trade on it the rest of their lives. Reality is the dealer gets theirs no matter how good you think you are or what number you focus on in the deal. Even dealer cost isnt really their actual cost because of the factors I listed so you're not gonna get them on a deal. Just be happy with your end and move on.

To win on a car deal you have to be a sneakey bastard, cash shopper or bring your own financing an take away every advantage they have, and then half of them wont sell to you anymore.
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Or treat it like a gun and just do a private sale. There are also some (not many) auctions open to the public.
    That's why you have seen a massive change in the lease deals that manufacturers and dealers were running. They planned on making money on the resale mark up. The problem in the last few years is the cars are worth more than the agreed residual value so people were buying them then turning around and reselling to carvana or privately and making the money that the dealers expected.

Top Bottom