• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 597newbie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    http://www.topgunshootingclub.com website is up! copy and paste into email and send to friends.

TopShotGunRangeTexas.jpg TopGun.jpg Top Gun Shooting Club 500 yd range opened north of McKinney. Website is not up yet.
    Spread the word! If you know LEOs, Clubs, Iron Sights, 1800s rifles, Steel Target shooters and anyone else... this is the closest 500 yard range to DFW area.
    =====
    527 P R 462 Leonard, TX 75452 (23 miles from McKinney).
    214-799-3357
    Google map link and GPS coordinates below.
    =====
    open Thurs, Fri and Sat 9am to Dark
    open Sun 1pm to Dark
    =====
    I went out on Friday, Oct 8th, the day after it opened. 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500. It is great!
    New members need to hit 8" steel plate at 200 before you can go to 300 and then hit 8" steel to go to 400 out to 500.
    FMJ allowed! No steel core or tracers. Again, FMJ allowed!
    Iron Sights allowed (Terry, the owner loves 1800s rifles and iron sights)>
    Largest rifle they will allow is a .416 mag
    Currently is rifle only. Owner wants to go with pistol and cowboy action shooting (something he does) but needs to plow current revenue back into the range.
    =====
    $20 a trip with no membership and $15 a trip with a membership which is $40 a year

33.375642,-96.325099
    US-75 N to 527 P R 462, Leonard, TX 75452 - Google Maps

=====
    On the way you can stop at new CTD location 380 and 75 in McKinney
    Cheaper Than Dirt! Opens New Location in McKinney, Texas The Shooter's Log
    2058 West University Drive
    McKinney, TX
    469 952 6200
    =====

Everyone has said that the area north of Dallas needs another range and you have that range NOW!
    Again, I have heard and made comments that the area north of Dallas needs another outdoor range and now you have it! Go and shoot there!
    Before anyone complains that it is too far... realistically, this is as close as a new range is going to get! Is in Fannin County (not Collin) and allows FMJ and goes to 500.
    No matter where it was built someone will complain that it is too far but dont do it here
    A guy who loves shooting built a big range on his property next to his house and wants to build cowboy shooting and bays and a buncha stuff once money comes in.
    Something that we have wished for has come true. Lets go enjoy it.
    Gun Zone Deals

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    I might have to join and make it part of my practice. I really hope they don't put in benches. I want to shoot from real shooting positions.

597newbie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    right now, they have temporary benches with a covered awning. lanes 1 and 10 will let you shoot prone. owner is serious about upgrading facilities when the money starts to come back in that he has invested.

if you prove you a good shooter AND the range is not busy, the owner MIGHT make adjustments if you asks and he see you know what you are doing or he gets to know you (this is my opinion... not a fact. owner is on top of stuff so you might ask).

benches do not look sturdy from afar but when i was shooting I was in shock and awe of the way everything was sturdy and unmovable.

go and shoot there! they do not have pistols yet but owner is serious pistol shooter and has the land and expertise to add these.

is easily worth the drive just to shoot fmj long range without a hassle. and to hit steel plates. and we need to support this range.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    I see benches. **** that. I'm not driving an hour to sit at a table and watch fat ass jag offs miss targets with their rifle and scope bolted to a table.

597newbie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    I see benches. **** that. I'm not driving an hour to sit at a table and watch fat ass jag offs miss targets with their rifle and scope bolted to a table.

I agree. This range is not what you are looking for. If you have friends who are looking for this, copy and paste website into email and send to them.

597newbie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    I went out to Top Gun yesterday (Friday). Bought a $40 membership for next year (goes up to $100 later). No brainer.

Fees:
    The opening special for October 2010 is 40.00 for the rest of 2010 and all of 2011.
    November 1st. it will go back to the regular yearly price of $100.00 per year.
    At this time we are cash only.

SSJR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    N. Texas
    Went out today myself.. Temporary benches were great. You can shoot prone also.. Knowledgeable owner, very safety minded but not rude about it. Very courteous and customer oriented. Repainted gongs at target setting breaks so everyone can see when and where they hit. Great experience will definitely affect my reloading bill. Gonna finish my 7mm mag build I started now that i have a place to shoot some distance. Overall a great opportunity.

597newbie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    I found this added to the website:

== You may also shoot prone, kneeling or off hand in the area west of the covered bench setup.==

=============================

Plans are for more steel.
    Right now... they have an 8" orange steel plate at 200 300 and 400 to qualify on to go to paper on next level.
    Also have a 3' x 3' very large orange ar500 steel plate at 500 yards with black dots spray painted on it.
    The owner keeps up with the spray paint on the steel so you can always tell where you hit.
    ==========================================================
    This was new.
    Went out on Sunday afternoon. They had pistol steel to shoot at (lead only). That is all I know. Photo of pistol plates below.
    And pistol bays in the future.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/emailpwstuff/TopGunShootingClubhandgunplates.jpg

597newbie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Owner says the pistol bay construction should begin this month. Scheduled target date for completion Jan 31st (if everything goes well). Do not quote me or hold me to any of this. Just wanted to type up what I remember in conversation. Having pistol is a great thing.
    see website before you go and I recommend you calling.

FMJ only on 100 yd ranges 1 - 6. Berm work on rifle range photo below:

topgunshootingclubbermwork.gif

Businesses normally just do not open with everything completed on opening day.

Range construction is ongoing and handgun ranges are to be added. This is great news!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom