Join TexasGunTalk

Top Gun Shooting Club 500 yd range opened north of McKinney

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Ranges' started by 597newbie, Oct 12, 2010.

1. 597newbie

597newbie New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I went out to Top Gun yesterday (Friday). Bought a $40 membership for next year (goes up to $100 later). No brainer.

Fees:
    The opening special for October 2010 is 40.00 for the rest of 2010 and all of 2011.
    November 1st. it will go back to the regular yearly price of $100.00 per year.
    At this time we are cash only.

2. SSJR

SSJR New Member

Dec 16, 2008
    N. Texas
    Went out today myself.. Temporary benches were great. You can shoot prone also.. Knowledgeable owner, very safety minded but not rude about it. Very courteous and customer oriented. Repainted gongs at target setting breaks so everyone can see when and where they hit. Great experience will definitely affect my reloading bill. Gonna finish my 7mm mag build I started now that i have a place to shoot some distance. Overall a great opportunity.

3. 597newbie

597newbie New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I found this added to the website:

== You may also shoot prone, kneeling or off hand in the area west of the covered bench setup.==

=============================

Plans are for more steel.
    Right now... they have an 8" orange steel plate at 200 300 and 400 to qualify on to go to paper on next level.
    Also have a 3' x 3' very large orange ar500 steel plate at 500 yards with black dots spray painted on it.
    The owner keeps up with the spray paint on the steel so you can always tell where you hit.
    ==========================================================
    This was new.
    Went out on Sunday afternoon. They had pistol steel to shoot at (lead only). That is all I know. Photo of pistol plates below.
    And pistol bays in the future.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/emailpwstuff/TopGunShootingClubhandgunplates.jpg

4. texas skeeter

texas skeeter TGT Addict

looks like a good long distance range to try out and its close to me. [​IMG][​IMG] I've been wanting to get better at L/R shots and to build one of these in .308. i guess its time to get started... jae-100-g2-150x150.png

5. 597newbie

597newbie New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Owner says the pistol bay construction should begin this month. Scheduled target date for completion Jan 31st (if everything goes well). Do not quote me or hold me to any of this. Just wanted to type up what I remember in conversation. Having pistol is a great thing.
    see website before you go and I recommend you calling.

FMJ only on 100 yd ranges 1 - 6. Berm work on rifle range photo below:

topgunshootingclubbermwork.gif

Businesses normally just do not open with everything completed on opening day.

Range construction is ongoing and handgun ranges are to be added. This is great news!

6. tweek

tweek Active Member

Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Planning on paying a visit today.