Tools

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
Lifetime Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 31, 2010
Somewhere in Texas!
Gee, I grew-up on brace & bit, push-drill, mitre box, coping saws, wood rasps, chisels, planes, jig saws, etc. It all worked very well w/o electricity. the only electric tools we had were two drills and a small drill press. Since this is the "Prepper" section,wouldn't muscle-power tools be appropriate?

leVieux

I have 3 braces, a couple of planes, coping saw, assorted hand saws, 2 miter boxes, rasps, files and other muscle powered tools.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
Lifetime Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 31, 2010
Somewhere in Texas!
My current project in mid-build. A mobile table saw outfeed, miter saw, router and assembly table.

Bench 1.jpg
Bench 2.jpg

Bench 4.jpg
Bench 4.jpg

It is built with locking caster's (had to buy these) and so far all from upcycled materials. My supply of materials is exhausted now and I will probably need to buy some plywood. Over the 8' length and 49" width, I am 1/8" out of square. The top is a piece of 3/4" particle board I had from making some cheap shelves years ago, the top is roughly 69" X49". I have fit my old Vermont American router table top flush to the surface and constructed a recess for the miter saw. The slab beneath the finish nail gun will fit in and flush cover the recess if I need more assembly area. I need to install the bottom, shelves and cut some material to fit between the "stringers" below the top. I set 3"x 1 1/2" boards on edge so I could fit "working" storage space beneath the top. If you look at photo 1, below the T-square, you can see where my 4' level is peeking out, to get an idea of what I have planned. I think as a place to set a hammer, tape measure. speed square or any other small tools while working out of the way will be ideal, this will be on both sides of the table.

I have begun to replace the old fluorescent light fixtures with LED's, the ones in the background at the windows will be replaced soon.

I have much to do to complete the entire renovation of my hobby area, one bench, and wall cabinets will be removed since I am working on the "mobile" unit, on that wall will be suspended shelving, and I am thinking about a French cleat system to hang tools on. I have not decided yet.

Attachments

• Bench 3.jpg
    Bench 3.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 11

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Lost
Some of the best years of my life was teaching "shop", etc. in the public schools. Lots of good equipment, lots of great students who really wanted to learn, and I was paid to do it!
Shop classes were the highlight of jr high and high school days! I'm still using a utility trailer I made in high school.

Tnhawk

Lifetime Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 7, 2017
Southwest TN headed to TX
Some of the best years of my life was teaching "shop", etc. in the public schools. Lots of good equipment, lots of great students who really wanted to learn, and I was paid to do it!
Shop was one of the most useful classes in high school. I still have some of the items I made in wood and metalwork classes.

Top Bottom