• ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    74A874B6-35B5-4D71-8CAC-02749BA7433D.jpeg

Not as filthy as it’s been in the past. I still need to get out the backing dish I soak the can in. Ain’t found all my cleaning stuff since the move. Look like I need to buy some bore brushes.
    Venture Surplus ad

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    View attachment 274963
    Not as filthy as it’s been in the past. I still need to get out the backing dish I soak the can in. Ain’t found all my cleaning stuff since the move. Look like I need to buy some bore brushes.
    I guess this is as best of place to ask, what was the money and what year did you get it?

I like the setup and always wanted a MP5K. Closest thing I have is a century c93 sbr.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Not the same pedigree, but I have the same job ahead on my ptr32 and cetme L. I lubed them both up with this dry moly lube for guns. Made them slicker than owl shit and made them cycle more reliably, but I had an old brake pad outside coated in the lube as a test, and the rust inhibitions were less than stellar. It actually attracts moisture, so deep clean and out it comes
    20210409_193238.jpg

20210903_223556.jpg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I guess this is as best of place to ask, what was the money and what year did you get it?

I like the setup and always wanted a MP5K. Closest thing I have is a century c93 sbr.

I bought the SP89 new the year they came out for under$1,000.00. The registered sear was brand new when I bought it for $12,500.00 RTDS did the conversion work Navy barrel, reconfigure the bolt carrier, flapper mag release, install sear in fake pin trigger pack & remark it for $1,300.00. The B&T Visor/ Helmet stock & rail and Zeiss Z-Point under $1,000.00

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    It was a pleasure getting her dirty. Thanks for cleaner her for me. Ain't nuthing funner than dumping a full mag of 9mm in less than a second.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I bought the SP89 new the year they came out for under$1,000.00. The registered sear was brand new when I bought it for $12,500.00 RTDS did the conversion work Navy barrel, reconfigure the bolt carrier, flapper mag release, install sear in fake pin trigger pack & remark it for $1,300.00. The B&T Visor/ Helmet stock & rail and Zeiss Z-Point under $1,000.00
    I was just looking over on sturmgewehr and those are going for near 50k now days. That's crazy. That is near double from 10 years ago when I last priced them out. Not that I was a buyer, just looking...

When I moved to Texas in 2012 was shopping SWD M10's new old stock and they were like $1800. They are now like $8500.

Makes wish my dad would have bought a case of lightning links back in the day.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    It was a pleasure getting her dirty. Thanks for cleaner her for me. Ain't nuthing funner than dumping a full mag of 9mm in less than a second.
    Like we discussed movies having it all so wrong! From the weight of the gun, mags & ammo to just how long a magazine last, even running bursts.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I was just looking over on sturmgewehr and those are going for near 50k now days. That's crazy. That is near double from 10 years ago when I last priced them out. Not that I was a buyer, just looking...

When I moved to Texas in 2012 was shopping SWD M10's new old stock and they were like $1800. They are now like $8500.

Makes wish my dad would have bought a case of lightning links back in the day.

I’m real happy with what I have invested & what they are now worth. While the registered sear is the biggest winner as far as price increase. My registered receiver G3K has not done as well, but was still a good investment.

The Lage uppers pushed up the M10 prices!

My dad bought me a semi Mac-10 before I was 21. Back then the RPB Macs machine guns were less then the tax stamp!

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I’m real happy with what I have invested & what they are now worth. While the registered sear is the biggest winner as far as price increase. My registered receiver G3K has not done as well, but was still a good investment.

The Lage uppers pushed up the M10 prices!

My dad bought me a semi Mac-10 before I was 21. Back then the RPB Macs machine guns were less then the tax stamp!
    Curious if you intended to use them as an investment when first purchased?

Most guns in general hold steady in value if condition is maintained. That small slice of the market has seen huge gains in value though. I am sure if one had a crystal ball when the machine gun window was closing and held strong for a couple decades you could have done well.

In reality though, I could have done well to buy a couple crates of 20 of Mosin rifles when you could get them with the crate for 1200 bucks. The first one I got was like 80 bucks. They are hundreds now. That was probably 2010 or 2011. Same goes for Garand and SKS rifles. So the story goes.

I would rather have an auto MP5 at the end of the day so you have that going. Cool to know a guy that actually has a real one.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Curious if you intended to use them as an investment when first purchased?

Most guns in general hold steady in value if condition is maintained. That small slice of the market has seen huge gains in value though. I am sure if one had a crystal ball when the machine gun window was closing and held strong for a couple decades you could have done well.

In reality though, I could have done well to buy a couple crates of 20 of Mosin rifles when you could get them with the crate for 1200 bucks. The first one I got was like 80 bucks. They are hundreds now. That was probably 2010 or 2011. Same goes for Garand and SKS rifles. So the story goes.

I would rather have an auto MP5 at the end of the day so you have that going. Cool to know a guy that actually has a real one.

Sent from my SM-G998U1
    I always wanted machine guns! In the back of magazines growing up there was the ads for J Curtis Earl. Growing up in Illinois was the problem! There was a rental place I Ottawa,Illinois that I use to go to.

Moving to Texas I knew I could achieve my goal. When I first bought the SP89 my father in law went crazy when I told him it would one day be one.

When my dad died I had the money to afford some. My first machine gun was a Fleming built 51. It was pretty much roached out! I sent that to Ralph @ RTDS to be built into a G3K.

My very first gun was a Winchester 37 12 gauge single shot. When I wanted a pump my Winchester brought more more on trade then I paid so I was hooked!

I received a FFL at age 21 and held it until Slick Willy made it hard for kitchen table dealers. I guess I learned early on what held value & what increased in value.

I remember the days of The Shotgun with the deals that are now unbelievable to some. I was buying thing from Pargon Sales before my FFL. The Israeli Mauser that recently sold on here sold for far more then when it was imported in!

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I always wanted machine guns! In the back of magazines growing up there was the ads for J Curtis Earl. Growing up in Illinois was the problem! There was a rental place I Ottawa,Illinois that I use to go to.

Moving to Texas I knew I could achieve my goal. When I first bought the SP89 my father in law went crazy when I told him it would one day be one.

When my dad died I had the money to afford some. My first machine gun was a Fleming built 51. It was pretty much roached out! I sent that to Ralph @ RTDS to be built into a G3K.

My very first gun was a Winchester 37 12 gauge single shot. When I wanted a pump my Winchester brought more more on trade then I paid so I was hooked!

I received a FFL at age 21 and held it until Slick Willy made it hard for kitchen table dealers. I guess I learned early on what held value & what increased in value.

I remember the days of The Shotgun with the deals that are now unbelievable to some. I was buying thing from Pargon Sales before my FFL. The Israeli Mauser that recently sold on here sold for far more then when it was imported in!
    Total side track but one of the coolest gun ranges I have seen and my first 1000yd one was in Waterman IL. In Minnesota it was had to find ranges over 2 or 300 yards. All you needed was a 30-30 lever gun to get a deer. Nobody seemed to shoot over a hundred yards.

Top Bottom