• ...and so much more!
  • Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    After 9/11 the Guard(s) are being observed, 24/7. If a person appears to be a threat, the threat is in the cross hairs. Prior to 9/11 they were under observation during special ceremonies or times of high alert.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    IIRC when idiot do something to really piss off the guards the let the bolt fly home.
    There are video compilations of idiots doing things that are generally inappropriate and the guard has to yell at them and even aim a rifle. Meanwhile the tourist acts totally shocked thinking the entire thing is a show for them.

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    My son and future son in law were both in the Old Guard together. They have some great stories.
    People are complete idiots, Most have no idea how serious the Guard is about their job. Yes they will defend the honor of the Unknows by all means, and have the authority to do so.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    My son and future son in law were both in the Old Guard together. They have some great stories.
    People are complete idiots, Most have no idea how serious the Guard is about their job. Yes they will defend the honor of the Unknows by all means, and have the authority to do so.
    You sure as hell could stab effectively.

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    You would not believe the training. What they go through would make a Seal flinch. They could take you out with a stare.
    First order is lower the rifle, as you see in the video. Inform the idiot of their infraction, command presents. If that don't work, rifle butt to the forehead, or cross check as necessary. Side arm is cocked and locked. They even have a special routine they have to go through after an altercation paying respect to the Unknown for breaking cadence. Not slipping on blood before its mopped is also covered in training.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    You would not believe the training. What they go through would make a Seal flinch. They could take you out with a stare.
    First order is lower the rifle, as you see in the video. Inform the idiot of their infraction, command presents. If that don't work, rifle butt to the forehead, or cross check as necessary. Side arm is cocked and locked. They even have a special routine they have to go through after an altercation paying respect to the Unknown for breaking cadence. Not slipping on blood before its mopped is also covered in training.
    Please tell me they carry 1911’s.

Eastexasrick

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    At the time my Son and son-in law were on duty it was the M14 and 1911. When they did twilight tattoo it was M1A1 and 1911. He told me the Old Guard changed side arms to the M77 a few years back.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I am sincerely disturbed at the fact that some folks don't show respect for our fallen........

That is one one the few places where absolutely no BS should be tolerated by the other visitors let alone the guards.....

Very few things rile me to the point of contemplating violence......but that would be one of them.....

Top Bottom