• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Since I’ve been OCing ever since it was legal - for me nothing has changed, except I could theoretically leave my card behind some places.

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    Just as long as it's Shiner!
    DD17C09D-BF95-47BF-809C-ACFE03B5FCE7.jpeg
    1EAC4389-F502-410E-B9E8-7A83A5DB0051.jpeg
    0B40CDC3-22B2-473A-A5CF-FD4E1AC7FF50.jpeg

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Is it safe to assume if you see someone carrying they are legal? Because we all know bad guys won't because it's against the law!

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    They state 46.03 is valid....
    The 46.03 sign is only valid when posted in a prohibited place as defined in TPC 46.03 (the old 46.035 moved to 46.03). Grocery stores, dealerships, etc., do not generally meet any of the enumerated prohibited places.

The 46.03 sign applies equally to everyone and covers all firearms and other weapons as defined in the code.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I did feel different, when I realized it was indeed September 1. I've been waiting for that day ever since the bill was passed. I am both sad and happy that Sept is upon us. I'm happy I can now carry a firearm legally in Texas (still need to get my LTC for its benefits). "Summer" came and went seemingly in a blink. Kiddo has been back to school for almost a full month now. I turn 40 in 25 days. That kinda bums me out. I liked being in my 30's, damnit!

I haven't gone much of anywhere yet, save for the grocery store, the gas station, and taking my wife to work, but it does feel more comforting having my pistol on my person than living in the glove box while I'm away from the vehicle.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I have carried every day for nearly 35 years.

As open carry as I get nowdays is no cover garment or rarely doing out door stuff owb.
    I strongly feel concealed is concealed and no ones business. I'm a low key crippled crotchety bastard who needs every advantage he can get.

I guess I might get a texas permit this year if it's cheap enough. Still will keep my AZ permit.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Thought I’d just tag this question to the discussion at hand.

WHEN is the DPS free (computer-based) firearm safety training course to be available? Anyone know the date?

Thought I might take it since it’s online and supposed to be free. Probably wouldn’t hurt to have a record I took it, should that ever prove potentially beneficial.

Top Bottom