• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Consider yourself a Republican in disagreement with the then elect President Lincoln?

• Republican then, Republican now.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2nd Abeliever

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Texas
    How many of you consider yourselves Republicans, yet, are not in agreement with President Lincoln as the then Republican President Elect of this nation and how he carried out his oath to uphold the Constitution. Regardless of what else you feel about the man personally.

Are you; 1: In argeement and are Republicans in this day and age?
    Are you; 2: In disagreement yet still consider yourselves Republicans?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I do not consider myself a Republican. I more with the Founders' views on partisanship. Political parties are dangerous to our country and our freedoms.

In my opinion, Lincoln was one of the worst presidents this nation has seen.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Sorry, but I don't understand what the question is, what the issue is.

As for me personally, I am a Right Wing Kook, drag my knuckles when I walk, mouth drools, and a total Republican. But I believe in the 2nd Amendment above all others.

In other words, I never go anywhere without that buldge in my pants.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I'm a conservative person.

I think the Republican party is full of idiots more intent on their money/power than any sort of principled belief.

wrtanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Ft. Worth
    I consider myself an Independent. I usually vote Republican because they are closer to my conservative beliefs and more likely to get elected, but there's enough tomfoolery in all of the parties to make me keep my distance. As for Abe? Never met him...

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    I'm a conservative person.

I think the Republican party is full of idiots more intent on their money/power than any sort of principled belief.

BINGO! Ah you have hit the nail right between the eyes.
    Parties don't mean squat any more. When we have so many RINOs or Liberal hacks running in and around the Rep party. We need to be looking at their record, how they have voted in the past and where their moral compass is pointing. There are actually a small few (I think) Dems that could be considered Conservative (though they will never admit to it) and there are to many Reps that should be sitting next to and holding hands with Nancy and Harry.

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    I am a conservative, not a Republican. In particular, I take offense to the Republican Party's bastardization of the term "conservative". Ever since they absorbed the social progressives in the '70s and '80s, they are not conservative.

As for Lincoln, I do not believe he upheld the Constitution at all, and is the single most responsible person for the deplorable state of affairs re: centralized federal government that we observe now. He completely destroyed the concept of states rights as established by the Framers.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've always check marked that "independent" box whenever it's available. To me republicans and democrats are the same duck but with a different quack. While republican candidates are usually closer to my views, I'd much rather vote for a bluedog democrat than a rino. Lincoln? I sure as hell didn't vote for him. ;) What was that thing Reagan said... Government isn't the solution, it's the problem? I wish we had more politicians that feel that way.

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I took the various "how whatever are you?" tests on the internet and I am too freedom loving to be a republican. I hold my nose whenever I vote for RINOs like McCain and Kay Bailey. Not many of our representatives think they are servants of the people, mostly they consider themselves our masters even the ones with R after their names..

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    I'm an Independent Constitutionalist. Both parties have morphed into a two headed snake. The TV keeps winning.
    If voting changed anything they would abolish it.
    Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.
    Have you ever wondered, if both parties are against deficits, why do we still have deficits?
    Have you ever wondered, if both parties are against and inflation and high taxes, why do we still have inflation and high taxes?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I'm an Independent Constitutionalist. Both parties have morphed into a two headed snake. The TV keeps winning.
    If voting changed anything they would abolish it.
    Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.
    Have you ever wondered, if both parties are against deficits, why do we still have deficits?
    Have you ever wondered, if both parties are against and inflation and high taxes, why do we still have inflation and high taxes?
    I hear many dems say that we DONT have high enough taxes...
    Beck said it well:
    "the democrats are the party of tax and spend, the republicans are the party of spend"

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Every ballot should have a check box for None of the Above.

Hell yes! And if that gets the most votes, everybody from that ticket is dropped and we start from square 1. And repeat the process until someone the people are willing to employ finally shows up!!

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Im a conservative thats leans to the GOP. What I have always wondered is how a Southern conservative would react to a norther(yankee) conservative?? Im not a big fan of Lincoln either.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I'm a conservative. I believe the government should protect our boarders, have a strong military to protect us from enemies, provide for the less fortunate (not those that elect to be that way, but those that have no choice) take care of our elderly and then then get the frig out of our face. And I believe in State's rights. I don't care what they do in New Jersey, I want my state of preference to support the freedoms I think are important. The GOP is more in line with that than other parties, so that's where I lean. Although I really don't trust any of them.

So, sometimes things are not perfect and when voting, you need to choose the person that most matches your ideas. And couple that with which one will most likely be elected and that's where things go.

That might not be the answer you're looking for, because I'm more leaning towards who a person might vote for.

I voted for Perry. He's got a lot of weaknesses, but of the two that went up against him I thought he was way better than KBH, and way more electable that Medina. I'll be happy with him instead of White. And so it goes.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gillikenobi
    Top Bottom