• ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Easy and accurate:
    Lookup your tire size and load rating/index in a load inflation table.

Match the rated axle capacity to what your truck is rated for at each axle.

Here’s one, for Toyo…
    Brand doesn’t matter, the ratings are the same for a given size and load rating. So it applies equally to any other brand that’s DOT approved.

I run 35 psi for the 34” tires on my truck. Even then, I’ve got 900 lbs excess capacity per axle, so I could run less. But I get dead-even wear across the tread.

At 59 psi your truck prolly rides like crap…no need to run that much pressure unloaded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    TxStetson is asking the right question. That or you have something going on with your rig. Your tires don’t cup for no reason. And it doesn’t have anything to do with 50 psi knowing your wall and rim size. 50-60 psi in a taller wall would be fine.

Op, rotate your tires around 7-10k miles. Also just go revisit your rig. Check your lug nuts. Bfg is brand name. It’s not the tires I’m calling it now.

MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    TxStetson is asking the right question. That or you have something going on with your rig. Your tires don’t cup for no reason. And it doesn’t have anything to do with 50 psi knowing your wall and rim size. 50-60 psi in a taller wall would be fine.

Op, rotate your tires around 7-10k miles. Also just go revisit your rig. Check your lug nuts. Bfg is brand name. It’s not the tires I’m calling it now.

I had not rotated the tires in the previous 20Kmi (+-). I gave the truck a pretty good beating in the Feb. ice storm (we were at ground zero for that) and there's been constant construction and 'rumble strips' on our 20mi back road to Fritztown for 18 months so I guess I'm happy that the problem wasn't bigger.
    Advice duly noted tho' - run 'em softer & keep up with the rotation - got it - thanks!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I had not rotated the tires in the previous 20Kmi (+-). I gave the truck a pretty good beating in the Feb. ice storm (we were at ground zero for that) and there's been constant construction and 'rumble strips' on our 20mi back road to Fritztown for 18 months so I guess I'm happy that the problem wasn't bigger.
    Advice duly noted tho' - run 'em softer & keep up with the rotation - got it - thanks!
    Lol dang. Yes you need to rotate. Also understand there’s a lot of old wives tales about tire pressure. Just run something reasonable. No you don’t need max psi if you’re not at full load. However let’s say max psi is 80. I run 60. Good for everyday jobs, gives room for pressure to increase from warming up/moving, and I don’t run under inflated because it hurts mpg’s and isn’t good for your tires to run like that all the time. Also, buy water filters for your compressor. Rotate as I mentioned. Your tires will last over 40-50k with brand name no problem

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    Find a smooth road or large parking lot. Chalk across the tires. Adjust the pressure to create the widest contact patch. If the center is wiped, the tires are too hard. If the sides are wiped they are too soft.
    Cupping is usually caused by bad shocks and/or A arm bushings

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    BFG Ko2 285 55 R20's - can't seem to find a definitive answer on tire pressure, door panel says 49psi, to which I've been pretty close, but I've just had to replace the 2 front due to 'cupping'
    Big no no on door panel info! Is it a D or E range tire as there will not be a C/standard rated tire. Usually 65psi on the ko2 that I buy and 80psi on the MT E range. Tire manufacturers print it on the tire for a reason and auto manufacturers do it for their own reason (not a plausible 1). In my vehicle with 275/55/20 ko2 I inflate to 50 in the hot season and 55 in the colder. Other than that my rule of thumb is no less than 10% less of max. I've bought bfg tire for 40 tears on all of my suv and pick-ups, except for duallies.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    I have KO2’s because they came on my Tundra. They are cupping, loud, and annoying. I can’t wait for them to be worn out so I can replace them. I’m running 42ish psi or I’ll air them up if I’m hauling loads.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    You know that pressure on the side is the max safe pressure, not the correct pressure. The vehicle door psi is based on the weight of the vehicle. Always follow the door sticker and fine tune from there.
    So what does did was a good thing? How many accidents was involved in that fiasco and lawsuits! Do not use the door info for your life!

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    So what does did was a good thing? How many accidents was involved in that fiasco and lawsuits! Do not use the door info for your life!
    You can't even type a coherent sentence. If you're referring to the explorer/Firestone issue, then yeah 28 psi was too low. Well it isn't, but people don't pay attention and the blowouts were probably WAY under inflated. Anything above 35psi for a 1500 truck is perfectly safe. 40 is the norm. All you're doing by filling to the tire psi is wearing out the center of your tires and making yourself look stupid.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom