Lynx Defense

Tippmann Arms M4-22 ELITE Tactical Rifle anyone own one of these??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaxFactor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2020
    Fort Worth
    Hey!
    I'm on the hunt for a .22LR AR15 style rifle so i can continue training as ammo is getting stupid expensive. I contacted tippmann and they got a 14 week lead time on orders which is nuts!!
    Before committing to it i figured I'd ask here to see if it's a solid rifle??
    Was also thinking about a M&P 15-22 Sport but that's a poly frame, even those are really hard to find right now.
    CMMG has a 10 week lead time which was my other consideration just to get a .22LR upper and slap it on my BCM lower, or just buy a cheap lower to have 2 rifles...decisions....
    Gun Zone Deals

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I like mine. Would definitely recommend it. I even put a can on it. Didn’t like the m&p one. Felt to much like plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Check out H&K 416. Made by Walther. I own 1, and I know of 3 other people ith them, and they compare very favorably with the SW M&P, and just about any other tactical 22 plinker.

Personally, I'd get a 22 upper and rock that for now, and whenever prices come back down on lowers, then buy a cheapie to put it on...

MaxFactor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2020
    Fort Worth
    Yea i was considering doing that, but with 10 weeks lead time from CMMG i could wait 4 more weeks and get a complete rifle.
    For 400 Dollars the H&K seems actually really nice, probably hard to find too though lol

MaxFactor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2020
    Fort Worth
    would have to call Scheels and see if they have them in stick, I'm not anywhere near a Scheels but if they had one I'd take on a road trip to get one.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    If you already have an AR, I'd give this a look.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    would have to call Scheels and see if they have them in stick, I'm not anywhere near a Scheels but if they had one I'd take on a road trip to get one.

Yeah, I wasn't sure how close you were, but as you can imagine, I went 4 pages of Google and that was the only one. I even looked on GB but as you could guess, they are asking too much for even used ones.

MaxFactor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2020
    Fort Worth
    Yea i was thinking of a conversion kit but was reading there is a possibility it could damage the inside of your barrel as the caliber is smaller even though it's only .001 difference.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Anything credible I've read is that is a myth. It's a lead and or copper/lead projectile, it's not going to mess up a steel barrel.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    This might be more what you're looking for.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    This might be more what you're looking for.

It is one fun rifle to shoot. Now the have pistol versions of the rifle. I’m sure I will get one as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaxFactor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2020
    Fort Worth
    when i was reading Tippmann rifles i thought like paintball guns lol, first time i heard about that name when i started paintball. Never knew they made rifles i thought it was a paintball company all this time...

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Hey!
    I'm on the hunt for a .22LR AR15 style rifle so i can continue training as ammo is getting stupid expensive. I contacted tippmann and they got a 14 week lead time on orders which is nuts!!
    Before committing to it i figured I'd ask here to see if it's a solid rifle??
    Was also thinking about a M&P 15-22 Sport but that's a poly frame, even those are really hard to find right now.
    CMMG has a 10 week lead time which was my other consideration just to get a .22LR upper and slap it on my BCM lower, or just buy a cheap lower to have 2 rifles...decisions....
    In stock as of right now.

Top Bottom