• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Any chance you can cancel and reorder? Midway runs these fairly often so I try to time them when I can.

Which swager did you go with? I'm looking at one of these because I reamed about 100 pockets on .357 brass and I'm already over that process.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012920663?pid=235832
    Thats the one I got. I have a shit ton of federal brass and I found out that hard way that the pockets needed to be reamed/swaged. I figured it has good enough reviews for me to try it out
    Gun Zone Deals

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Please share how you like it. This Herters / S&B .357 brass is stupid tight without any chamfer at all.

Plus I have a bunch of crimped 9mm that I will need to process and don't much feel like doing it by hand heh.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Please share how you like it. This Herters / S&B .357 brass is stupid tight without any chamfer at all.

Plus I have a bunch of crimped 9mm that I will need to process and don't much feel like doing it by hand heh.
    Just got here today. I ordered it on the 6th so that is some fast shipping. It usually takes longer for midway to ship out for me. Looks to be high quality and I will get it setup either tonight or tomorrow and let you know how it goes

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Thanks man!
    Alright I got to it this evening. Setup is a bitch and my lock ring had a weird deformed set screw. After I got it set up which was a giant PITA, it works flawlessly. I only have .223 brass that needs to be swaged so I am going to leave it set up for that. Make sure you get a set screw that works though and switching between the two size setups should be np

I think it is definitely worth the money though. I primed all of my .223 cases right after using it and the primers went in just like they do for brand new brass

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Good deal. Thanks for the review! Sorry you got a bum set screw. Call up RCBS, they will make it right.
    Yea if I was using something other than my hornady press id be more upset over it. the bushing kinda negates the set screw anyways. Maybe if I bitch at them hard enough they will send me a .300 win mag die set for free lol

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    As my luck would have it, two days after I ordered my bench primer, RCBS announced a rebate for $50 when you spend $100 to $250.

I sent in the rebate to Vista Outdoors to see if they'll honor it but I'm expecting they won't.

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    I have the latest, the AA-8. Overall I really like it. When the priming system works, it's ok but it is pretty finicky. Another weak point in the design is that the primer tube blocks the turret handle which makes die positioning a bit tricky especially if you're throwing powder on press like I am.
    SQL, I have Redding t7(almost the same thing)and I had issues with priming until I worked with it. I think I had to set the depth of the primer loading handle, actually I think it was how far back out it came.
    I can mount it up and talk you through it if you’d like. It’s on an IF mount so not much to it.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Appreciate the offer but I actually broke the larger primer punch. The small one is installed on it and will just stay there. It's not worth mucking with anymore especially now that I have the bench primer. That thing is smooth as butter.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    The lee auto prime and the bench primer are great. I load a bunch of brass with crimped pockets and you get a great feel when seating. The hand primer will take its toll on me if I try to do more than a couple hundred in one sitting but it's still my go to. Fwiw I've loaded all brands of primers 100 in the tray at a time and never had an incident. I wear safety glasses anyways.

Bradmartin78

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Fort Worth
    I have the RCBS bench primer and an RCBS hand primer. I like the branch primer much better. It’s very consistent, changing from large to small primer is just pulling the primer cup strait up and it comes right out. Uses the same shell holders as your press. I have a 650. Great press.

Top Bottom