• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chasentx19

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2021
    Little Elm
    I wonder if they're having supply issues getting the kydex / boltaron / holstex they make holsters out of?
    That could be it too. Although a lot of the other holster manufactures still have lead-times of 2-6 weeks depending on the company so if it was a supply issue one could figure it would be happening to everyone.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    That could be it too. Although a lot of the other holster manufactures still have lead-times of 2-6 weeks depending on the company so if it was a supply issue one could figure it would be happening to everyone.

2-6 is pretty normal for kydex benders unless they have a pile of "ready to ship" stuff - longer lead times usually mean they're either balls deep in orders, or having supply issues.

When I was making kydex stuff, I wasn't doing enough to order wholesale, but the suppliers I was using were shipping via FedEx (usually no other options) - FedEx shipping was shit before COVID, but its even worse now, with people having "Overnight" packages sometimes taking a couple weeks to get to them. An acquaintance of mine works for FedEx at their distribution center in Portland, OR. They are so under staffed they are mandating overtime - instead of 8 or 10 hr shifts, he's working 14-16 hrs a day. His overtime pay is nice, but he has no free time to enjoy it. They're seriously short drivers so loads are sitting and stacking up. They're short on warehouse workers, so packages are taking forever to get sorted and pushed onto trucks.

Depending on where the shops are sourcing their kydex, it could be shipper issues, or just the suppliers not having what's needed. It sucks, but this is Biden's America.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    No clue personally on T1C. They appear to be good quality and containing some of the design features you would want to see on an AIWB holster. Personally, I'm not a fan of "sidecar" style holsters. Maybe they work for some, but to me it feels like stuffing a shovel head down your waistband.

When in doubt, for AIWB stuff, JMCK is always a solid choice. Personally, I find the Wing Claw 2.5 to be an excellent balance in features.

At the end of the day, you want a holster that will rotate the grip inward as well as push the top of the gun inward for maximum concealability. You also need enough ride height to establish a proper grip in the holster.

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    >
    Don't we all have boxes of holsters which came recommended and "looked good" but didn't work-out ?

Try it to see; that's the ONLY way.

OTOH, have you looked at the "horizontal cross-draw" holsters?

leVieux
    The try it and see method is tough when alot of these custom rigs cost $150+

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The try it and see method is tough when alot of these custom rigs cost $150+
    >

Yes, it is. Do you have a better alternative?

So far, "holster swap sites" have met little success.

Occasionally I find something in one of my two large holster boxes which is very useful on second-look.

Also, since I recently lost about 60#, I find that items previously uncomfortable now work well.

If you have a good alternative, please tell us here:

leVieux

nickgibson72

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2021
    Houston
    >

Yes, it is. Do you have a better alternative?

So far, "holster swap sites" have met little success.

Occasionally I find something in one of my two large holster boxes which is very useful on second-look.

Also, since I recently lost about 60#, I find that items previously uncomfortable now work well.

If you have a good alternative, please tell us here:

leVieux
    No my closet will tell you I don't have a better alternative haha. I have probably 2-3 boxes filled with "cheap" holsters that I have collected through the years. Since I almost always carry appendix, I have stayed with the same 2 holster companies for all my guns. QVO Tactical is my go to and the LLOD is my backup. I usually won't buy from anywhere else.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    >
    Don't we all have boxes of holsters which came recommended and "looked good" but didn't work-out ?

Try it to see; that's the ONLY way.

OTOH, have you looked at the "horizontal cross-draw" holsters?

leVieux
    Oh if you only knew... My "box" of holsters is actually a Hardigg crate. One of the massive square ones that's 22x22x20. ;) It took me that many holsters over ~13yrs to come to the JMCK Wing Claw 2.5 as my preferred IWB kydex holster.

Fletcherjl

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    I bought Tier 1 holster partially because if this thread. Glock 19 with a TLR-7A. It's hides well, especially considering how big it is. It conceals very well. Comfortable enough, but it seems heavy. Maybe it's because I'm not used to it yet. The holsters are very well built. The wedges make it dissappear.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom