• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Isn’t that the range so many people have complained about the overbearing management?
    My complaint about the Thunder owner in the past was more bad business ethics. Now we can add unsafe behavior operation to this list as he seems to have some laughs about it.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    They dropped their guns and ran for cover ?
    Dropping the guns is different but running for cover because you don’t know where it’s coming from is just natural.

I also hope the owner and employees trip, fall on their backs on a freeway, and people run over their genitalia

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    For those who don't know Cedar Ridge is the polar opposite, however their rules are stupid. The Moonpie and I went out there one time and got screamed out because we were in front of the painted shooting areas because we were trying to load muzzle loaders. They had a roof over the shooting area that was too low and precluded you to push a ball down the barrel. If I remember correctly, they hollered at us several times, even though we tried to explain what we were doing. Besides that, they give you a test. You'd better say your rounds are going into the berm or be prepared to be kicked off - not unreasonable, but the way they did it was, um, contentious at the least.

It's a great range though - once you get over that. You get private bays for cheap, just got to deal with the BS.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    For those who don't know Cedar Ridge is the polar opposite, however their rules are stupid. The Moonpie and I went out there one time and got screamed out because we were in front of the painted shooting areas because we were trying to load muzzle loaders. They had a roof over the shooting area that was too low and precluded you to push a ball down the barrel. If I remember correctly, they hollered at us several times, even though we tried to explain what we were doing. Besides that, they give you a test. You'd better say your rounds are going into the berm or be prepared to be kicked off - not unreasonable, but the way they did it was, um, contentious at the least.

It's a great range though - once you get over that. You get private bays for cheap, just got to deal with the BS.
    Agree. It's been over 10 years since I was at Cedar Ridge and I won't be back. Ever.

GeauxLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2022
    San Antonio
    Neighbors at a nearby subdivision told ABC13 they have had stray bullets hit their homes and have complained to the gun range owner before. The owner told ABC13 that the concerns were "not a big deal" and was not looking to make any changes.

That's going to end well I'm sure.

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    I used to live right by thunder range, I used to shoot there a lot as well. I even did my original LTC there years ago.
    The range was and is a cluster ****, and the owner is a greedy bastard who at the time wouldn’t even put prices on his ammo, he would just shoot a number out at you to see if you would bite. He also charged an arm and a leg to shoot at the furthest distance, like it was some sort of special privilege. I don’t regret going some place else.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I used to live right by thunder range, I used to shoot there a lot as well. I even did my original LTC there years ago.
    The range was and is a cluster ****, and the owner is a greedy bastard who at the time wouldn’t even put prices on his ammo, he would just shoot a number out at you to see if you would bite. He also charged an arm and a leg to shoot at the furthest distance, like it was some sort of special privilege. I don’t regret going some place else.
    You did the right thing and tell other people to avoid his crooked self.

Top Bottom