Red rectangle 12 acres is for sale...

17234-FM-1314-Conroe-TX-Aerial-Image-4-LargeHighDefinition.png.jpg

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I just saw that on the news. That's so ridicules, Thunder has been there for years. I helped clear that land for the subdivision about 4 years ago. The builders should have made the people aware of the gun range.
    I don't like that range but I feel the range is in the right.
    I expect the home owners expected the owner of Thunder Range to be a Responsible person and make sure projectiles didn't leave the Range.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I just saw that on the news. That's so ridicules, Thunder has been there for years. I helped clear that land for the subdivision about 4 years ago. The builders should have made the people aware of the gun range.
    Thunder gun range has a duty to ensure that rounds don't leave their range. They have to invest in the infrastructure to ensure that happens if they want to stay in business.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Not too unusual. I worked for a company that had a range in Allen, the surrounding farmland was sold off to developers, houses were built, homeowners complained about noise and eventually some bullets hit homes. The company sold the land to the city back in the 1980s for $X which was the same cost to replace the soil prior to closing the transfer.

Buy a house next to a range, airstrip, landfill or cement plant then complain!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I shot there a long time ago. There are too many things that are shady about the place, so I don't go back.

I used to work for a company that had a shooting range way out in the country, and we got complaints from homeowners that were no where near the place, and even some that lived in the opposite direction of the firing line. They didn't have any actual bullets, but they "heard them going over their heads while we were in the garden" and similar complaints. I tend to look at such complaints with a lot of doubt. However, Thunder Gun is a place that makes me question how they stay in business.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Not too unusual. I worked for a company that had a range in Allen, the surrounding farmland was sold off to developers, houses were built, homeowners complained about noise and eventually some bullets hit homes. The company sold the land to the city back in the 1980s for $X which was the same cost to replace the soil prior to closing the transfer.

Buy a house next to a range, airstrip, landfill or cement plant then complain!
    Near Denver, some folks bought/built houses near a regional airport (mostly cargo and civil aviation), THEN started complaining about the noise and potential effect on housing values. The airport tried to be nice by constraining traffic, but the homeowners were being unreasonable. The town had some of log that captured all complaints about a subdivision that realtors and homeowners could review, so the airport bombarded it with noise complaints about itself, and otherwise "helped" the HOA publicize just how loud it was to live in that subdivision. This hurt folks who were planning to sell and started dropping comparables. The HOA caved shortly thereafter.

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    Jessie is totally greedy as hell and his business ethics is poor to even put it mildly.

I wouldn’t have named him.

But I will say this.

When I used to go there, he didn’t have prices on anything, he would just shout out some price and see if you would buy it or not.

I knew a guy who did business with him. Lots of drama followed. Business deals ended. And good riddance. I wouldn’t go there for anything.

Not only that, a lot of people have been hurt on his range.

I don’t want to say anymore, could end up in a lawsuit.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Sad to say after my last experience about three months back- I won’t be going back. Trinity Armory is just a few minutes further down the road for me and the team there are quality people. Very safe and customer centered place to shoot.

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    I shot there a long time ago. There are too many things that are shady about the place, so I don't go back.

I used to work for a company that had a shooting range way out in the country, and we got complaints from homeowners that were no where near the place, and even some that lived in the opposite direction of the firing line. They didn't have any actual bullets, but they "heard them going over their heads while we were in the garden" and similar complaints. I tend to look at such complaints with a lot of doubt. However, Thunder Gun is a place that makes me question how they stay in business.
    I agree, things didn't seem on the up n up.
    I go to BTO, used to be something else, that's where I took my last mandatory CHL class, I do it online now.

That's like they put in a street across the RR Tracks, drivers complain, but the tracks were there first so tough snot, deal with it.

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Thunder gun range has a duty to ensure that rounds don't leave their range. They have to invest in the infrastructure to ensure that happens if they want to stay in business.

Yep. Lots of ranges make their range safe for surrounding neighborhoods. Except this guy. Sounds like negligence to me.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I agree, things didn't seem on the up n up.
    I go to BTO, used to be something else, that's where I took my last mandatory CHL class, I do it online now.

That's like they put in a street across the RR Tracks, drivers complain, but the tracks were there first so tough snot, deal with it.
    Well seems like the consensus is this guy is a pos, so why would anyone defend him on something this serious.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I don't know how he has made it this long. I assume he's making a pretty penny from Homeland Security that's leasing the back of his property.

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    The first time I went there was about 20 years ago and he didn't even acknowledge me in the building. I went back once more with my Daughter, her husband, my granddaughter and grandson about 8 years ago and that's the last time.

Top Bottom