• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Knife throwing was an interest long ago but I strayed away from it. Recently, the wild hair struck again and I started buying reasonably priced throwing knives. I also got a book from Amazon: "Knife Throwing" by Harry McEvoy.

Bigger knives are easier to throw so I got several of each common size. Nothing special to report yet, but it's a worthy project!

Flash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    The hardest part is long distance and getting it to hit with another spin. That's makes sense?

You know how when its thrown starting out. Grabbed by the blade and flung. The knife only does 180degrees and sticks like a dart. It's the throws that take 360 or more that's the bitch.

Throwing knives is relaxing. I enjoyed a blade heavy throwing knife. Couldn't throw a knife that the blade was lighter then the handle. It was like throwing a rock.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The book that I bought discusses several techniques including one that puts zero spin on the knife. That's the one that I'm most interested in.

Flash

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    That's what I want to learn too, the "no spin" or combat throw. It might be the most difficult to master though. This guy knows how to do it:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Used to have a guy that came into my store that was a World Champion. At tomahawk throwing. Wouldn't mind learning that.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    So those are already wrapped with cord? I've actually bought those knives before and wrapped the handles for just general use knives.

The steel or temper they use on throwing knives is soft and springy. I can't see it holding a cutting edge for long. If you throw as thin cutting knife and if hits wrong. It'll snap it in half. Throwing knives are close to lawn mower blades in outright toughness taking heavy blows. They suck holding an edge.

Edit: I'm just picky on things being sharp. It'll drive me nuts until it can shave hair. Carry on Gentlemen.

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    How in hell do you throw a knife without spinning it? Lots of practice I suppose. Wore my arm out the first day with no improvement. I might take the paracord off for a smoother release. I need a good target too. Don't want to tear up my privacy fence, lol. Or a tree.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    The steel or temper they use on throwing knives is soft and springy. I can't see it holding a cutting edge for long. If you throw as thin cutting knife and if hits wrong. It'll snap it in half. Throwing knives are close to lawn mower blades in outright toughness taking heavy blows. They suck holding an edge.

Edit: I'm just picky on things being sharp. It'll drive me nuts until it can shave hair. Carry on Gentlemen.
    Try HBForge.com.

They ARE a little springy but mine will sure get sharp and stay sharp through a few deer. It is no Buck knife but I only need it sharp during deer season.

Top Bottom