• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    S2,

My point: Don't keep reading any thread you don't like, but others may want to read it.

A thread must be removed because 'you' don't like it seems a bit arrogant...

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Do it yourself?
    Cut the thread off with a cut-off tool, file muzzle flat, and recrown the barrel.
    You can get the tools from Brownell's for less than a pro would charge you.

https://pacifictoolandgauge.com/47-barrel-crown-tools

I'm actually in a similar situation. Found a $40 9mm conversion barrel for a glock 23

I plan on cutting it down to fit my glock 27

Why? Because it was $40 and it sounds like fun. PTG has some nice cutting tools.

I miss my lathe.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    Honestly, I would buy another barrel and keep the original barrel in the box untiul you decide to sell the gun (if you buy, sell and trade a lot). Machining the rail off the gun is a bad idea too. You will spend more money modifying your pistol than if you get another one or trade your CZ for a pistol with the features you want. Gunsmithing labor is getting expensive these days. But it is your gun and your call. When I had my Ruger 9E, I tried to find a threaded barrel for it and could not find one for love or money and when I checked into having one made, it was cost prohibitive (at least for me on a budget). So don't be to quick to remove features that will damage the resale value of the pistol. YMMV

Top Bottom