• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lightning

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2019
    Buffalo
    I am wondering what experience anybody has with the cheap Turkish over/unders that are being sold by Academy and Cabellas. Academy sells the Yildiz. Not looking to enter any competitions just would like one to shoot for fun, probably 20 ga. Pretty sure there would be no difference in my shooting abilities with a $1000 gun or a $400 gun. Does anybody have one that they like?

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    As long as it fits then by all means pick it up. My sister competes with a Ylidiz in 20 ga.. She does pretty well with it as it fits her. The trigger is pretty descent IMO. For me though the 20 ga doesn't fit my long arms and I have never shot the 12 ga to compare to anything else.

I myself have a Tedna SE12T 30" (Turk O/U) and I love it. This fit me well and always did right out of the box.

You should not have any qualms about picking up a "cheap" O/U. As long as they shoot straight and if you have the skill you should be able to hit clays with any gun (even if inexpensive). I know a few local Fudds that own $1000+ shotguns and frequent the range; and god bless it they can't hit a consecutive 5 to save their life. But you can be sure they are quick to talk about the price tag of their shotgun and of course try to compare it to yours. Don't be that guy.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Friend of mine has a yildiz. Probably got it 10 years ago.
    It hasn't given one ounce of trouble. It has electors. My Mossberg silver reserve has extractors. You might prefer one over the other. Just something to be aware of.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    They help remove the old hull from office and install the new.
    C3ADF9A0-DE9C-4B36-AF95-C94F7B396E50.jpeg

Attachments

• C3ADF9A0-DE9C-4B36-AF95-C94F7B396E50.jpeg
      C3ADF9A0-DE9C-4B36-AF95-C94F7B396E50.jpeg
      22 KB · Views: 369

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Daughter first started competing with a Stoeger Condor Youth 20 gauge and got fifth place in her first 4H competition. She graduated to a Franchi Instinct I 20 gauge and has no problems with it when she goes to competition.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Stoeger makes some decent shotguns, especially for the price.

Call Stoeger customer service, Benelli answers the phone.

I have a Stoeger M3000 that’s been extremely reliable, functioning in extreme cold that caused a significant number of other shotguns to go tits up. Surprising, to put it mildly. (Not an o/u)

www.randywakeman.com knows a thing or two about Turkish shotguns.

Last edited:

Mr.candrews

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Rowlett
    As long as it fits then by all means pick it up. My sister competes with a Ylidiz in 20 ga.. She does pretty well with it as it fits her. The trigger is pretty descent IMO. For me though the 20 ga doesn't fit my long arms and I have never shot the 12 ga to compare to anything else.

I myself have a Tedna SE12T 30" (Turk O/U) and I love it. This fit me well and always did right out of the box.

You should not have any qualms about picking up a "cheap" O/U. As long as they shoot straight and if you have the skill you should be able to hit clays with any gun (even if inexpensive). I know a few local Fudds that own $1000+ shotguns and frequent the range; and god bless it they can't hit a consecutive 5 to save their life. But you can be sure they are quick to talk about the price tag of their shotgun and of course try to compare it to yours. Don't be that guy.

You are absolutely correct the price doesn't matter the shooter is what matters buy what fits you and don't be pressured by others make sure you are comfortable and that's all that matters.

Top Bottom