• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I dunno guys. This is a pretty sweet shooter...for a scummy newer production Series 80.
    CCU Left - out of the box.jpg

CCU right - out of the box (1).jpg
    Military Camp

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Hey P&R,

If you are looking for a "shooter"...

You will be well served with a current production 1911.

In a "practice" competitive type match, have had the pleasure of shooting a Stage with both the Stainless Gold Cup in 45acp and the "Blue" 9mm.

I would not hesitate to shoot Matches with either...

Both were "out of the box" with zero mods....

For a collector, go with the "O" Frame from the '50's & '60's.. or even the '20's & '30's....(might get lucky and snag one of the few commercial 1911's from the '40's....)

Later, Mark
    I've got target 1911s but no Colts. Looking for a classic model to go to the range with my WW2 rifles. With that said, the Competition Colt is interesting. Might add that one after the classic.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I’m really looking forward to seeing a well funded Colt’s Firearms…owned by folks that do GUNS. That’s the shit that did in Remington. Owned by frucking teachers unions in CA. It was a frucking mess.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I’m really looking forward to seeing a well funded Colt’s Firearms…owned by folks that do GUNS. That’s the shit that did in Remington. Owned by frucking teachers unions in CA. It was a frucking mess.
    I was knee deep into that crap. Remington did not have to go the way it did. Ilion was a lean manufacturing train wreck. It was not going to be competitive with any format. Nonetheless, Remington made some bad-ass 1911’s. Tight as heck. Also- fired a Remmy Bushmaster .50 cal semi-auto. 100 yard range. Optic made it unfair. Out of the Ilion plant.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I was knee deep into that crap. Remington did not have to go the way it did. Ilion was a lean manufacturing train wreck. It was not going to be competitive with any format. Nonetheless, Remington made some bad-ass 1911’s. Tight as heck. Also- fired a Remmy Bushmaster .50 cal semi-auto. 100 yard range. Optic made it unfair. Out of the Ilion plant.
    I agree. When the money investors got involved with Remington and the other gun manufacturers under their umbrella, all they cared about were profits and quality became an after-thought for them.

I have wondered if that was the intention. For them to have put profits ahead of quality and tradition, run Remington into the ground while lining their pockets with money and then bankrupt the company. Because that sure seems like what happened.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Had a stainless new Colt Government model in 45ACP about 10 years ago and it was perfect. Because I'm a idiot I sold it to fun other guns but I regretted it.

Bought a used 1911 in 38 Super last year from the forum classifieds and it's a modern gun and a excellent pistol.

Top Bottom