• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2013
    Getting shot in the right place with ANY bullet is going to do some form of damage. Will it end an attack in one shot? Maybe. Maybe not. Ammo has made leaps and bounds over the past decades and any current round is better than the same round years ago. That said, I am a beliver that you should carry the biggest, most advanced round you can carry and shoot well. For most that's either a 9mm or a 45 ACP. Sure, a .22 is better than a cotton ball if you're attacked or end up in the middle or some crazy terrorist attack or active shooter situation; but I'd feel better with a magazine full of larger bullets.
    If you want to carry a .45 then go for it. I do. I also have a TCP for those times I need a very small concealed weapon and these tests have shown me what actually works. My wife likes .38 and .380, I'm not gonna tell her she has to carry a large, heavy pistol if she can get good performance from what she already has and is comfortable with.
    DK Firearms

Lame Bear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Texas Gulf Coast
    A buddy of mine who's been shooting a long time and who I usually trust to give good info told me that .380 JHP wasn't effective and that to get any kind of penetration I would have to use FMJ. We're talking about shooting from pocket pistols like the LCP, and obviously I'm talking about self defense. What do y'all think about this?

Last guy I saw shot with one, died.

Sunshine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Denton Texas
    They don't make them light enough to be worth it and they are expensive. Glaziers are great and lots of kinetic energy but only 5-6 come in a package for like $20.00!! :/

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    I have trouble believing anyone is still on the Glazier bandwagon. I think Shootingthebull has shown that .380 can be a reasonably effective round in a JHP but it's not a no Brainer. To get the best performance you have to match the ammo to the gun. It's also interesting to note than more power doesn't always mean better performance.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    They don't make them light enough to be worth it and they are expensive. Glaziers are great and lots of kinetic energy but only 5-6 come in a package for like $20.00!! :/

Some of you need to go back and read this thread, paying special attention to what Shooting the Bull posted. There is some good data in here, not anecdotal. From his testing those Glaziers are not worth a crap.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Some of you need to go back and read this thread, paying special attention to what Shooting the Bull posted. There is some good data in here, not anecdotal. From his testing those Glaziers are not worth a crap.

From the testing I've seen, no flavor of "Glazier" (isn't i spelled Glaser?) performs as advertised. Makes me wonder how the company staid in business...

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    From the testing I've seen, no flavor of "Glazier" (isn't i spelled Glaser?) performs as advertised. Makes me wonder how the company staid in business...

You are right.

It is correctly spelled Glaser but I chose to spell it like she did so as to be no confusion as what I was talking about. They are a Cor-Bon product and some folks think that is a solid name, and you get what you pay for. Since they are expensive, they must be good right??? Well in this case no.

Sunshine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Denton Texas
    Sig PPK is the only reason I would ever personally own a .380. Now I know my phone auto corrected my A** for that I am sorry. I just personally would not use .380 JHP or otherwise. Now if you don't own a gun period, then by all means carry a .380. Sorry for interupting the already pretty much ended conversation. I personally liked the video Shooting the Bull produced and agree with the consensus.

Top Bottom