• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Christmas special (1) full case of SA 223 (9 sealed Battle Packs) $1500 plus shipping. That's .55cents/rd!! As cheap as you will find. Get it will you can. Happy holidays, folks!!
    Not mine nor am I connected to the sale of!

I did not add the link to it as it might be sold by the time I post it! Republic of South Africa ammo is great shooting stuff. He had 7.62 battle packs that have since sold. I can just picture the neckbeards trying on how they can get ahold of this to piece meal out!

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    A fair price by today's standards. A month or two ago there was a wave of reasonably priced Winchester at academy stores but I think that ship has sailed. 223 was 40 CPR plus tax and m193 was only 42.5cpr. I wound up buying their steel cased 223 when it was available for $30/100. I've got enough brass to reload already.

As far as S African ammo...I bought a couple battle packs back in the nineties and it shot well. It was hot enough to poke holes in mild steel but it was not reloadable. I also thought the PMP stuff was great ammo too.

Sadly in spite of the fair deal I think we will continue to see the have nots continue to whine.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    So, are you saying that this is a "good deal"?
    Judge for yourself
    A fair price by today's standards. A month or two ago there was a wave of reasonably priced Winchester at academy stores but I think that ship has sailed. 223 was 40 CPR plus tax and m193 was only 42.5cpr. I wound up buying their steel cased 223 when it was available for $30/100. I've got enough brass to reload already.

As far as S African ammo...I bought a couple battle packs back in the nineties and it shot well. It was hot enough to poke holes in mild steel but it was not reloadable. I also thought the PMP stuff was great ammo too.

Sadly in spite of the fair deal I think we will continue to see the have nots continue to whine.
    How was it not reloadable burden primed & crimped primers?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Academy has received a crap ton of Monarch ammo this week. Almost all stores have 45, 380, 40, 223, 7.63x39. Some had 9mm in brass and steel but that went real quick.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Prices like that is why I reload. Buy supplies when the market is good and when stuff hits the fan you’re set to make it through the tough times. It’s on a pretty regular cycle now a days.

SGHinds,

AGREED 100% & also why I cast for almost all my firearms. - For example, 300 grains of GCCB, at about 2000FPS, out of my Model 760 in 9.3x62mm will efficiently collect most anything on Planet Earth & does NOT "kick my head off".
    (I'm TOO CHEAP to shoot much "factory" ammo.)

NOTE: ONE reason for my love for .300SAV & 9.3x62mm is that BOTH cartridges are quite acceptable with GCCB for taking game without buying a lot of costly factory ammo OR spending big bucks on components.
    (I reform .300SAV from 7.62x51NATO & 9.3x62mm from M2 Lake City Garand brass. - I get BOTH sorts of cases in quantity FREE from match shooters, who do NOT reload.)

Fwiw, I currently do NOT load shot-shells or 5.56NATO.

yours, satx

Last edited:

SGHinds

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    Houston
    SGHinds,

AGREED 100% & also why I cast for almost all my firearms. - For example, 300 grains of GCCB, at about 2000FPS, out of my Modelm760 in 9.3x62mm will efficiently collect most anything on Planet Earth & does NOT "kick my head off".
    (I'm TOO CHEAP to shoot much "factory" ammo.)

Fwiw, I currently do NOT load shot-shells or 5.56NATO.

yours, satx

I also cast for pretty much all my calibers. I even shot cast in my AR but ended up trading the rifle away because it was just a range toy and I ended up getting a nice trailer I use more.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    that’ll be an even better deal in a few months when pelosi announces the federal ban.

it’ll be $1 per round

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I also cast for pretty much all my calibers. I even shot cast in my AR but ended up trading the rifle away because it was just a range toy and I ended up getting a nice trailer I use more.

SGHinds,

Frankly, I don't shoot enough 5.56NATO to bother casting for the little Model 7615 Police Carbine that my lady "adopted".
    (As friends her know, I'm NO FAN OF the AR rifles/carbines & HAVE ONE that I bought for "trading stock", in case I get a chance at another Model 760 in a caliber that I want OR perhaps another "tin boat".)

yours, satx

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Prices like that is why I reload. Buy supplies when the market is good and when stuff hits the fan you’re set to make it through the tough times. It’s on a pretty regular cycle now a days.

I respect your reloading activities. It leaves more ammo on the shelves for the rest of us. :cool:

Similarly, I buy (have bought) rounds "when the market is good and when stuff hits the fan you’re set to make it through the tough times. It’s on a pretty regular cycle now a days."

It keeps me from crying ...

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I respect your reloading activities. It leaves more ammo on the shelves for the rest of us. :cool:

Similarly, I buy (have bought) rounds "when the market is good and when stuff hits the fan you’re set to make it through the tough times. It’s on a pretty regular cycle now a days."

It keeps me from crying ...
    At the risk of sounding rude, it keeps me amused.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Yup...and didn't even try to hide it apparently.

502 Grim Avenue San Diego, CA

:facepalm:

Top Bottom