Lynx Defense

This whole impeachment thing could turn out bad.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Trump.....

Trump was impeached, but it doesn’t mean much as the Senate will shoot it down.
    The Senate has not been involved in the current process so far. My point.
    So far all that has transpired dont mean sh*!

Impeachment is nothing more than serving papers. The senate acts as the court to determine whether or not the impeached official is guilty of the crimes outlined in the articles of impeachment, and if they need to be removed from office and prevented from further official offices.
    Very true so in the same vernacular the House acts as the "Grand Jury" to determine charges before referring it to the "court".

The papers have only been approved insofar as an agreement on charges. There has been no trial, no conviction, therefore no impeachment.
    (no matter how much MSM keeps bellowing it)

For example, Jackson (FIFY...Mr. Johnson) and Clinton were both impeached by the House but were acquitted by the Senate.

https://history.house.gov/Institution/Origins-Development/Impeachment

Not that I am arguing any procedural point. My only point is that Nancy simply cant allow the process to move any farther forward....

therefore.......????
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Trump was impeached, but it doesn’t mean much as the Senate will shoot it down. Impeachment is nothing more than serving papers. The senate acts as the court to determine whether or not the impeached official is guilty of the crimes outlined in the articles of impeachment, and if they need to be removed from office and prevented from further official offices. For example, Jackson and Clinton were both impeached by the House but were acquitted by the Senate.

https://history.house.gov/Institution/Origins-Development/Impeachment/
    And here we all thought "I wonder when orange man will be vacating DC?" So theres another step?

What would we do without people to tell us these things?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Trump was impeached, but it doesn’t mean much as the Senate will shoot it down.
    The Senate has note been involved in the current process so far. My point.
    So far all that has transpired dont mean sh*!

Impeachment is nothing more than serving papers. The senate acts as the court to determine whether or not the impeached official is guilty of the crimes outlined in the articles of impeachment, and if they need to be removed from office and prevented from further official offices.
    Very true so in the same vernacular the House acts as the "Grand Jury" to determine charges before referring it to the "court".

The papers have only been approved insofar as an agreement on charges. There has been no trial, no conviction, therefore no impeachment.
    (no matter how much MSM keeps bellowing it)

For example, Jackson (FIFY...Mr. Johnson) and Clinton were both impeached by the House but were acquitted by the Senate.

https://history.house.gov/Institution/Origins-Development/Impeachment

Not that I am arguing any procedural point. My only point is that Nancy simply cant allow the process to move any farther forward....

therefore.......????
    Was that written in blood?

Agentgruer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2019
    Celina

therefore.......????

Definitely not arguing against that. This sham impeachment is nothing more than a sham, and Nancy knows. This will only give Trump more fodder against the dems, and I’m expecting the house to flip back to republicans in 2020 now.

I’m just arguing against your point of “no impeachment”. I probably debating semantics on what impeachment is.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Trump was impeached, but it doesn’t mean much as the Senate will shoot it down. Impeachment is nothing more than serving papers. The senate acts as the court to determine whether or not the impeached official is guilty of the crimes outlined in the articles of impeachment, and if they need to be removed from office and prevented from further official offices. For example, Jackson and Clinton were both impeached by the House but were acquitted by the Senate.

https://history.house.gov/Institution/Origins-Development/Impeachment/

He was not impeached. Articles were drawn up, that's all. It's similar to the Grand Jury system. He has been indicted (House) but now it's up to the court (Senate) to determine guilt or innocence. He hasn't been found guilty of anything, only a court can do that.

Agentgruer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2019
    Celina
    He was not impeached. Articles were drawn up, that's all. It's similar to the Grand Jury system. He has been indicted (House) but now it's up to the court (Senate) to determine guilt or innocence. He hasn't been found guilty of anything, only a court can do that.

Which is why I’m debating semantics, because the term impeachment is being conflated to include the whole process (removal of office via the impeachment process). The house adopted the articles of impeachment last night, which means he has been impeached. Impeachment by itself is just an indictment. Even the man himself says he’s been impeached (https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1207664621336825856).

(Edit: not saying that this thread is conflating the term, just in general, as I’m seeing leftist confused as to why Trump is still in office)

Last edited:

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    After the vote one of the Dems said “The strategy is to win. Our tactic is the right one on that front and has been effective,” the Democratic aide said. They are not for We The People and everyone needs to understand that. It is all about winning and reelection.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The dems remind me of Homer Simpson doing something that hurts himself and then doing it again.
    bxc45.jpg

Attachments

• bxc45.jpg
      bxc45.jpg
      13.7 KB · Views: 326

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Which is why I’m debating semantics, because the term impeachment is being conflated ....

(Edit: not saying that this thread is conflating the term, just in general, as I’m seeing leftist confused as to why Trump is still in office)
    Very true, your on point. The conflation is purposeful by the left and also part of my point of Nancy not moving any farther forward. Now they can ALL (MSM incl) run around screaming "We Impeached Him!!!"

I noticed at lunch Nancy on the TV....sayin how the constitution shows what to do with a Rogue President but not with a Rogue President and a Rogue Majority Leader.

I guess anything/anyone that gets in the way now is just "Rogue"

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Very true, your on point. The conflation is purposeful by the left and also part of my point of Nancy not moving any farther forward. Now they can ALL (MSM incl) run around screaming "We Impeached Him!!!"

I noticed at lunch Nancy on the TV....sayin how the constitution shows what to do with a Rogue President but not with a Rogue President and a Rogue Majority Leader.

I guess anything/anyone that gets in the way now is just "Rogue"
    That's "Deplorable Rogue" thank you very much!

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I told the wife yesterday well before the vote, this has been the plan all along. Even the more moderate among the left were able to ease their conscience and vote for the impeachment knowing it wouldn't ever proceed beyond the vote.

This whole process has been for the talking points. They needed to be able to put what they saw as the ultimate scarlet letter on Trump. "How can you vote for a President who has already been impeached? You can't! Vote for Commie Donkey on November 3rd!"

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Some of y'all slept through Civics class.

The House Impeaches, the Senate Convicts.

President Trump is the third President to be Impeached.

Andrew Johnson, Bill Clinton, and Donald Trump. NO President has been convicted in the Senate. A conviction would result in removal from office.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Some of y'all slept through Civics class.

The House Impeaches, the Senate Convicts.

President Trump is the third President to be Impeached.

Andrew Johnson, Bill Clinton, and Donald Trump. NO President has been convicted in the Senate. A conviction would result in removal from office.

I’ve always understood it as 2 separate entities or processes. There’s the vote to impeach, then the vote to remove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    There has been a vote to impeach and the ayes (dems) have it, but Nancy isn't sure if or when she will pass it onto the senate. So this all may still be a moot point.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom