• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Alright damn it. Your shop is way too clean and organized. What is this, a plot? adjusting tin foil hat. Your trying to get me to go out and clean up, and put shit away, and organize that mess. You know this will take days or weeks. So what is the devious plan, must be nefarious, as its driving me to drink ( thanks)

Sorry, just green with envy.

If you only could see the rest of it! :roflfunny:

I have updates to the area planned, I just need time. I hope get everything done within the next 20 years or so. :green:
    Venture Surplus ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I appreciate the kind compliments, but I really have much to learn. I do not mind criticism, it drives one to learn and improve. The stand is assembled with glue and pocket holes and screws. It is my intent for this to be a temporary stand, I wanted to be able to use the plane and get it off of my table.
    SOMETIMES USING DIFFERENT TOOLS YOU FIND A BETTER PLACE TO PUT THE TOOL, NUMEROUS TIMES I HAVE REORGANIZED MY GARAGE TO MAKE THE BEST OF THE SPACE THAT I HAVE WOULD BE NICE TO BE ABLE TO BUILD A DEDICATED SHOPTO WORK ON VARIOUS PROJECTS, WELL MAYBE ONE DAY I WILL BE ABLE TO DO THAT!

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    SOMETIMES USING DIFFERENT TOOLS YOU FIND A BETTER PLACE TO PUT THE TOOL, NUMEROUS TIMES I HAVE REORGANIZED MY GARAGE TO MAKE THE BEST OF THE SPACE THAT I HAVE WOULD BE NICE TO BE ABLE TO BUILD A DEDICATED SHOPTO WORK ON VARIOUS PROJECTS, WELL MAYBE ONE DAY I WILL BE ABLE TO DO THAT!
    Keep the dream alive my friend!

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Todays shop project is with great sadness, my friend of 20+ years kidneys are failing. He came to me as a stray kitten and has been with me since, greeting me each day I came home. Much like a dog, if there was something going on outside he would jump into a window and "alert" me. I am not ashamed to say as I was making this and as I now type this, the tears have been and are flowing. I have made his casket large enough to put all of his toys with him. If the many people who have passed through my life could have been as gentle, loving, and loyal as he has been. He has always known when I was sad or hurting and would be there. Soon my friend will be at peace!

White pine and mahogany and hand rubbed beeswax, my small tribute to my long time friend.

With Great Sadness.jpg

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Todays shop project is with great sadness, my friend of 20+ years kidneys are failing. He came to me as a stray kitten and has been with me since, greeting me each day I came home. Much like a dog, if there was something going on outside he would jump into a window and "alert" me. I am not ashamed to say as I was making this and as I now type this, the tears have been and are flowing. I have made his casket large enough to put all of his toys with him. If the many people who have passed through my life could have been as gentle, loving, and loyal as he has been. He has always known when I was sad or hurting and would be there. Soon my friend will be at peace!

White pine and mahogany and hand rubbed beeswax, my small tribute to my long time friend.

View attachment 381956
    Very nice work.
    And my condolences.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks

View attachment 381956
    What a wonderful thing you've done there. Always, he'll be surrounded by your love.
    It's so hard, so hard. Maybe later when you're ready you could post some pics of him over in the TGT Pet thread? Hope so.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    What a wonderful thing you've done there. Always, he'll be surrounded by your love.
    It's so hard, so hard. Maybe later when you're ready you could post some pics of him over in the TGT Pet thread? Hope so.

I have never been the photo type person. Seeing someone as they were, young a healthy can be painful when they have become old an fragile. My memories have sufficed for my time, there is no one else to see.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Life continues, this project has been over 2 weekends. The old wall is very much out of plumb and cannot be moved without MAJOR work. I will have to taper some 2 X4's and scab some material to "plumb" out the visible walls for some OSB, I will get to that later. So I constructed a jamb and doors from 2X6 materials, did a little router work and this is the result. When I tear out the old bench against the wall there will be another closet to be finished out.

Door Project 1.jpg

Door Project 2.jpg

Door Project 3.jpg

As a special treat, two antique jacks my grand dad used when he needed to level buildings, they still work!

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Yesterday while working in the San Antonio area I found these (trash pile) two pieces of redwood scrap left from some trim work going on a new home. I could NOT just see these wasted. BTW, no Crocs in the shop today. I am trying out some Twisted X hiking "boots" as a work shoe. For that person who was looking for new boots in a thread at TGT, I'd say try the Twisted X found at Cavander's Boots. These damn shoes are very comfy!! My cousin wears the boots, no break in needed.

Back to the wood, redwood is EXPENSIVE! to say the least.

Redwood I found 1.jpg

Redwood I found 2.jpg

Redwood I found 3.jpg

So out of the small piece I milled the 4 pieces seen here, 13/16"D (thickness) X 6 " W x 31" approximate. The other piece to 4"X 11-1/2"X 37" I have not milled it. These should make some very nice practically "free" projects to add to my "sale" items. I have ordered stencils and plan to start making items very soon. I hope to take advantage of the road traffic during the summer months when Splash Way Waterpark is open during the "summer" months. I'm less than a mile away with highway "frontage".

Redwood boards I milled today.jpg

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    This last weekend I scavenged from the trash pile this 8' alder barn door, there was a splinter missing on one of the panel parts. I have taken it apart, ordered a plug kit, to cut plugs. when it arrives I will fill all of the hardware holes and sand. More free wood to make something with it!

Scavanged Alder Door.jpg

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    This is a prototype pen/pencil holder for a desk. My painting skills still need work, but I thought the basic concept was interesting. It is made of ALL scrap material, my costs include 8 1 inch 18 Gauge nails, 2 screws, a little glue, a very small amount of paint, a little clear coat, a little electricity and some time. If I were to price this I would start at around $30 to leave some negotiating room.

The base and "birdhouse" are made from the red wood plank I made earlier in this thread.

Pen_Pencil Holder 1.jpg

Pen_Pencil Holder 2.jpg

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    This long weekend was spent in the garden and shop. My shop time was working on two projects.

Project 1 - Planter The color in the wood is natural, a 5 gallon bucket fits easily within.

Planter Project 2.jpg

My second project is a table, I have only started the top, it is not finished. I plan to do some epoxy work on this to fill the cracks, in gold, edge the top in wood similar in color to the planter top, route a channel around the top and then do a purple epoxy between the "white wood" and the darker edging. My thoughts are to try to sell this in Weimar, using the local school colors as a selling point. I plan a clear finish to show off the natural wood. To make the legs and "skirt", I intend to glue up some of the salvaged knotty alder from the earlier mentioned barn door. Finished table top size will be about 24" W X 36" L X 2 1/2" thick. This my first attempt at this type of project.

Table Project 1.jpg

Both projects are made from recycled materials. I did make extensive use of my Grizzly planer in both projects. The tabletop is primarily white pine.

Top Bottom