• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    So, I've got this uncle, a bigger loser you have never seen. Hes in his late 60s age wise i think and was in the Army in the early 70s for 2 and 1/2 years and never left the states. His mother, my grandmother, somehow had him kept states side because he was the youngest son or something like that.
    anyway, its a known fact, he never left the states, my mother, his older sister knows that.

he got out and moved back in with his parents, moved out for awhile, married another loser, managed to produce 2 more losers and got divorced and moved back in with my grandparents and never did anything other than drink and lay around doing an odd job now and then.
    He managed to get a disabilty for being an alcholic and has basically ever held a job in 35 years

Now the SOB is running around wearing a Viet Nam Vet hat and telling everyone he is a combat veteran
    He managed to get a service connected disability and that is not too hard to do, I;m sure he has a 214
    But I guaran damn tee it says nothing about any deployements anwhere other than Ft Benning GA

some guy on facebook posted how he got to change the tire of a disabled vet and what an honor it was to listen to his stories and that this guy is a "true hero" for his service. My sister sent it to me and it makes me want to puke

My mom knows he is a liar and she wants him to stop telling everyone he was in Viet Nam, she says it dishonors everyone who went there and I agree

so his sister, (my mom) and me and my sister are about to drop a dime on him....
    not sure how to go about it

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    Take a critical look at PC32.54. If you think this individual's conduct violates this then talk with the victim, the real victim that suffered a loss and not the"victim" that is butthurt. Encourage them to make the report. If they refuse, walk away and focus on enjoying your own life. It is hard (not impossible) to show that a crime occurred without a victim.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Even if he has not violated the letter of the law
    What he is doing is still shameless and disgraceful

He just needs to stop
    It might take him being outed publicly

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Unless he is receiving his benefits fraudulently making shit up is not Stolen Valor. Wrong definitely, but illegal not so much. Pretty sure that the courts have ruled that the first amendment protects folks ability to make shit up, play dress up and what not to their hearts content. Unless they receive some tangible benefit like discounts and such there is no crime.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Even if he has not violated the letter of the law
    What he is doing is still shameless and disgraceful

He just needs to stop
    It might take him being outed publicly

Having his friends find out should be enough to make him stop, unless there is more going on.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Having his friends find out should be enough to make him stop, unless there is more going on.
    Agreed. But if there is more going on, then this:

Unless they receive some tangible benefit like discounts and such there is no crime.

...becomes critically important.

The desire to "drop a dime" to officialdom may be heartfelt but it's not appropriate in every case.

Now, to go off on a tangent - What's a loser like this going to do in response? If he's so desperate for validation that he has to fabricate a service record, what happens when you take that from him? Yeah, he's sleazy. I'm not sticking up for him. But I have seen people go to such lengths while in the depths of long-term depression, which this guy seems to fit. I've also known them lose it (in various, even suicidal, ways) when their little fantasy is swept away.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Long term depression? Is that what they call being a life long loser now?
    Nope. They call it "being a loser."

But there's always a reason (or a list of them) why someone is a loser. Broken human beings tend to get broken instead of being born that way. Yes, some are born that way; I certainly acknowledge that.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    We don't always get what we want..

We don't always get what we need....

But sooner or later we all get what we deserve.......whether it be in this life........ or another..

Let it go....

just the humble opinion of a Vet that served during the war, but never spent time "in country"..

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    From your description, the guy pisses me off, too. BUT...........

I have posted often in TGT how changes in my life brought me peace, reduced my stress to nearly zero and made a happy retirement. One of the major factors of that life change was keeping a close watch on what was my business and what was not my business. I can't answer that question for you but inserting myself into that story, my decision is crystal clear. I'd stay the Hell out of it!

In time and eternity, everything is made right but it's not for me to make that happen. Karma is a bitch and frankly, I don't want any part of Karma zapping me for sticking my nose where it doesn't belong.

My advice? Chill out and watch how the scene plays out. He will get what's coming to him but not by your hand!

Flash

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I hate a liar and I hate a thief, but I also don't know the full story here. For instance, how exaggerated are the claims of glory and how does it compare to being called a baby killer or spat upon by US civilians for being a vet, even if he was stateside?

Then again, maybe he's an A$$ and deserves to be outed. If it bothers you ask him to change his story to "he served during Vietnam". It implies what he wants without actually lying. Unless he's pushing some sort of hero story or something.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I'm beginning to appreciate posers who take the time to do some research and at least know some basic knowledge of Vietnam. There is no excuse for someone to claim being in 2nd Bn, 9th Mar and saying they are The Walking Dead. LOL!!

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I was in the AF when Vietnam was still on. The VA classifies me as a "Vietnam Era Veteran." They tell me that is worth some points or something. Its meaningless to me. BUT, I would never even consider wearing a Vietnam Veteran hat. Never. It would be an insult to the men (and women) that served in that country.
    Let him wear it, somebody will ask him a few pointed questions one day, and knock that hat off his head. Hopefully he will learn from the shame and get another hat.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    After it became less of stigma, I met many posers.
    But it doesn't take a Vietnam vet long to suss out a poser, so invite one to dinner. ;)

Apparently he has an honorable discharge, as it would be hard to run that scam without one.
    So let it be. By serving your country honorably, stateside or not, you supported a combat troop somewhere.
    Make him feel bad ... thank him for his service, and wink.

Top Bottom